I can't date a White Boy?

Im only attracted to white and Asian guys but since i came from and urban area and my dad is black. He will never in a million years let me date one. Neither will my mother who is puerto rican. Even when i was about 13/14 they would say "You better not bring a White boy home" ...😒 dont ask but how can i get my parents to accept that i dont wanna bring home a black man and they have to deal with that?

my father is more of a DMX type lol 😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Life is not about your parents approval. It is your life, not theirs. You do what makes you happy, and hope they support you along the way. If not, well, sometimes that's just life. You have to live for you if you ever hope to live a full happy life.

What Guys Said 13

• You know what's so funny. I grew up in a family that came from Germany after World War Two and for some reason they idolize hitter and they don't beleive that the holocaust ever happened which I know is bullshit and I totally disagree with. They also wouldn't appreciate if I brought home a girl of any other race but I have to say I love black girls and medics girls waaaaaay more then boring ass plain white girls. I mead into get me wrong I love all women, I have been with every race except an Asian girl because the opportunity just hasn't come around yet. So the point is I don't really give a shit what my family thinks. It's my life and here in america I have the freedom to love who I want and I am going to take full advantage of that. Will my family be upset? Maybe but does that outweigh the possibility of being with the wrong person? Definatley. I'm gonna be myself and do my thing and fuck everyone else's opinion because to me it just makes sence to do what I want in my shirt little life because I only get one chance and damn it I'm gonna enjoy it.

• Parents can be really weird about stuff like that. I'm just thankful my parents are sane. They did say no to dating until I was past 10th grade, but they don't say I can only date white girls lol.

Although, I have a feeling they will interfere if they end up not approving for one reason or another. Probably won't be because she's not white though xD

• well if you can't take a white guy then at least you can opt for the Asian guy right?

• Your parents obviously associate a lot of bad things with white people. I guess you could try to help them form new associations:

If you get a white boyfriend, you could tell them about how he makes you happy.

You could arrange a one-on-one date between your Dad and your boyfriend, where they do an activity your Dad enjoys. And one between your Mom and your boyfriend where they do an activity your Mom enjoys.

The general idea would be to make them start associating positive things with white people.

• How sad. But what you will have to do is get out from under your parents' racism and make a life of your own, on campus or in the working world.

• I like your parents words. They prove once more that anti racist is a codeword for anti white.

• That sucks. You're hot I'd go home with you and take a beating for the cause. I would say fight for the cause but if your Dad's really like DMX I'm probably gettin my ass whooped

• I would say tell them you're gonna date who you want but I can't really talk because I'm afraid of going against my parents too.

• my parents only wantedme to date koreans as i m. I've never had a long term relationsip with one. having said that, my parents are accepting other orientals and whites... so far lol

• Ahh forget them, most of them stay in there own race anyways come to Brazil!!

• @ my father is more of a DMX type lol.

Tell your father you like justin bieber.

• What's wrong with black guys?

• That's too bad. You would have been popular among them.
    I don't think you can get them to accept it. When you move out, you have more leeway on who you date.
    Just a thought, but your dad probably wants to be that good male role model which all other males in your life will be measured against. He set the standard of masculinity and all that. So, he kind of wants any guy you're into to be more like him than not. I think that's why a lot of dads have this stance. I can't speak from experience myself though. Not sure why your mom thinks that way. Maybe she's partly playing off of him.
    I guess there are two other options as well; they've been told to hate white people or they've had terrible experiences in their lives and they still hold onto that.

Oh and I'm curious about something and I encourage any other woman to shed any light on it. I've noticed that a lot of non white women but especially black women say "white boy" compared to "black man." I'm just curious if that's a dig at white guys or is it almost a term of endearment? You can figure it out via context, but that's probably something that they are brought up with.

What Girls Said 7

• I understand the struggle my dad always says don't bring home a black man; and I told him; but would you come to my wedding? And he said no; so I said he wasn't invited anyway and when I move out he can't control my life and it's not going to be him living with that "black guy" and it kinda chilled him down.

• well at least you two will have beautiful kids

• thanks... if I marry a black guy then my children will be nice thank you; I also date white guys but buff black boys are my weakness 😍.

• I wouldn't care and would just date whoever I want. I'm the one dating him, not them. If they don't want me to bring him home I just wouldn't bring him home.. But I'm gunna date whoever I want regardless, lol.

• Its a matter of showing the different ways each can treat you.

• ... You let your mommy and daddy decide that?

• They won't care, they probably say it down but when it comes down to it, they will most likely accept him simply because just about everyone's bi racial now or in a mixed relationship.

• wow racist parents

• You are an adult

• I guess it's thirsty Thursday lol

• Still under there roof 😆

• My dad doesn't want me to date white guys but he admits that he is mixed with white and my mom is mixed with white but he does not care if I do