Why do some people always try and make excuses for girlfriends and boyfriends who get drunk and cheat?

Normally I just expect the cheater to be making excuses for why he/she did it, but now I see other people making excuses for them. All I can think is why? I've heard things like they weren't in control of their actions and you know they wouldn't have done it if they were sober. BULLSHIT! To me if doesn't matter if you're sober or drunk, if you are in a relationship and make-out or have sex with someone other that who you are with then you are a cheater and I have no problem kicking you to the curb. I wouldn't even have to think about it, the relationship would be over the moment I find out you cheated. No talking it over, no second chances, and no forgiveness.

Most Helpful Guy

• Alcohol is an easy way to avoid taking responsibility for a person's behaviour.

People all too often are cowardly and immature to hold their hands up, come clean and admit they've messed up.

• Can I also commend you on your zero tolerance to unfaithful behaviour.

I have contempt for men and women who forgive unfaithful partners and I think they are mentally weak people and not only that they add to the problem of infidelity by being so weak.

• So what if they admit they messed up and come clean?

What Girls Said 5

• I agree with you 100%

No second chances, no excuses, you cheated, its over.

• It's easier for people to blame problems on alcohol rather than themselves. While alcohol does actually really lower your judgment and you can end up doing things you will regret later it may be an exit strategy because you wanted to do it anyway but you weren't brave enough without liquid courage.

• I funny how people love to try and avoid blame when they know they're wrong.

• Yea I'm one of those girls that if I drink too much I get slutty and wanna fuck so I don't drink when I go out for that very reason.

• Well at least you show responsibility.

• Yea and if I ever do drink I have someone with me I trust to cut me off if I don't do it myself. But it's not like I really go out anymore, thanks to mommy life lol

• People juat want to not believe what just happened. I heard something about drunk people sometimes speaking sober thoughts. I don't know if that's true or not.

• I'm not sure if it's true either, but I don't take chances with people like that.

• I wouldn't either to be honest

• I think those who do make excuses have an insecurity and fear of losing their partner. These people usually have no awareness that they are being disrespectfully treated because they are in denial or feel like they will not be the same individual, say they kick their partner out of their life.

• And sometimes it's not just people inside of the relationship making excuses it's also people outside of it.

What Guys Said 4

• Because people make excuses and don't want to take accountability for their actions. That's why I stay away from relationships.

• You say that but let's see how easy it is when you fall in love 😂😂😂haha I said that same shit but when you like someone you wanna believe that they will change

• Actually I have had this happen to me.

• True some people will cheat once and never again, but I prefer to delete them completely from my life than find out they cheat again and that I wasted my time.

• Yeah you have a point and honestly if you would have asked me yesterday I would have said the same exact same thing... Don't get me wrong I'm not saying they aren't responsible because they def are and I made it clear as day that if she has any fuck ups I'm out

• Four letters, love.

• I'm an example of that situation where everyone claims alcohol isn't to blame and it's just her sober thoughts being unleashed but i'm trying to give her the benefit of doubt out of love and appreciation for what we have. Something tells me she won't do it again. What makes a diamond precious is the years of enduring harsh pressure to transcend into something beautiful.