Do you agree or disagree with this statement and why?

'If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.'

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on why it has to be secret. In some countries and cultures there are people who love each other but can't show their feelings in public because of religious differences, sexuality etc. I think a relationship is worth being in as long as you both love each other :)

What Guys Said 6

• Agree.

Chances are the person is hiding you from another partner.

The only stretch I'd make to this being "ok" is not wanting to announce it for a week or two so people don't start peeping in on your business. I can understand people wanting to "test the waters" first.

• I feel like if there is no reason for it to be secret, but it is, he or she has something they aren't being completely honest about.

• in general it should not have to be a secret , but there are exception a example woudl be if you two work together

• I agree but that never stopped me before lol I just feel bad for all those women's husbands...

• Shaint she shouldn't agree but she shouldn't shaint even though she shouldn't not disagree.

• I don't see where a relationship would need to be secret, but what happens in a relationship should be between the two of you for the most part.

What Girls Said 4

• Both, I like the secrecy of a relationship at the start, just the two of you, no one knowing. But, as the relationship progresses, it should come out in the open.

• yes if your partner tell you to keep the relationship a secret he/she may be ashamed of you. I don't mean you have to feel everybody but it should be a secret neither.

• Agree and disagree, why? I have no idea.

• It depends on why it's a secret. When I was a freshman in high school I was dating a junior and my parents disallowed it so we had to date in secret. We dated for 4 years and he was my first love.

If you're keeping them a secret because you're ashamed of them on the other hand... that's a problem