Guys should you still approach a girl if you're not really all that attracted to her?

I was going to approach this girl today, but at the last minute I decided not to. I just ended up saying hi as she was walking by. I supposed there is the chance that I could discover that she really is a great girl and begin to like her once I get to know her. I just don't know though, it doesn't seem right. Girls and guys, what do you think?

I feel so shallow. lol
I guess it's a good way make female friends though. I don't even have any female friends at the moment.

Most Helpful Girl

• why bother? if you don't think she is pretty why waste your time and hers? I would only want a guy to approach me if he thought I was bad as fuck. if you think im just ok or even ugly then why bother approaching me? you will only end up dropping her once you find a girl you really want anyway. guys only do that when they are desperate haven't had sex in a while or can't attract the women they want. you did the right thing by not talking to her

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't. If you end up dating her you might make her feel insecure when you find other girls more attractive than her, it's good that you want to date someone for their personality but you even said that it doesn't seem right. This is normal most people only approach someone their attracted to.

• I think you should, what if she turned out to be this funny, sweet, itelligent girl? What made you think about approaching her to begin with?

• If it doesn't seem right don't go with it. There's always the possibility you could start feeling attracted to her, but I would go with your gut.

What Guys Said 2

• no id never approach a girl I wasn't attracted to. It defeats the purpose of approaching woman. Also I'm grown, not some hormonal teenager looking for a fuck.

• Normally I wouldn't but I have before.