What does it mean if he texts me 6 times?

I am talking to a marine & today he sent me 6 texts.
6:06 pm: "Sorry"
6:13 pm: "..."
6:51pm: "hello"
7:10pm: "why are you ignoring me?"
7:21pm: "hello"

Plus, he commented on a IG photo saying he has been texting me. My phone was slow & didn't get these texts until I restarted my phone. I thought it was cute & all. But, is this him being clingy or just likes me?

Honestly, I think he is handsome. But, I think a few girls have hurt him in the past...

Do you do this to girls?
I don't find him creepy at all. He is a very sweet man. But, I understand why y'all would think that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Saying sorry, ..., hello, and hello, were all OK because they weren't confrontational. He didn't need to say hello twice and I do think the "..." was a little rude because that's like saying "I don't care". What he really shouldn't have said was "why are you ignoring me?". I admit, I've done this in the past, I realize I shouldn't have but, well we all do something we're not proud of at some point in our lives. He thinks you're ignoring him, because of slow or non responsive texts from you. He just wants to know that you're at least getting the texts, etc.. though we do know that sometimes, women like to take their time to text back something cute or whatever. It's just tough to wait it out. You know how feel when a guy tells you he'll call, and then you're waiting by the phone, well, that's kind of how we are when it comes to texting.

Texting is really kind of a bad way to communicate, for a couple of reasons, it's just that it caught on because it's just more convenient. I like to be able to respond when I can, ya know? Did you know texting was originally created, for the hearing impaired only. It's just that it caught on, and now everybody uses it

What Guys Said 15

• It's possible he's just concerned, but I've had experiences too similar to this with girls and it hits a bad nerve for me. One girl in particular, if I didn't respond to her texts, would become paranoid, think I hated her, think I was ignoring her, it was ridiculous. This could be after as little as 7 minutes or as much as an hour. I backed off quickly after I realized that she was a controlling, sex-hungry, insecure person who didn't know how to have a healthy relationship, and I think her paranoia was a good indicator of that.

I also have a (perhaps unfair) bias against military men, as my ex-uncle was one and he was abusive and into child pornography, and cheated on my aunt. He was a horrible guy. I know not all military men are like this, but I've heard lots of bad stories along with the good ones, usually with them being controlling/abusive.

I think you should be cautious how you react, and if he does this every time or most times you don't respond, I wouldn't stick with him. I know you may think it's cute, but it doesn't reflect well on him and it might be a sign of something more serious that could be very bad later in your relationship.

• seems like he may not care about how he comes off as, whether it be clingy or desperate, it is possible he is a marine that knows what he wants and actively pursues it. a theory.

• He is Marine.. Sometimes he will have to travel far away from you for a long time..
    I think he loves you very much.. He's just a little bit insecure about you..
    When you don't answer he got worried.. HE DOESN'T WANT TO LOSE YOU.. That's it..
    In my opinion you should appreciate his texts and tell him you liked it when he show his affection and worry about you..
    Trust me, he will feel appreciated and truly believe and love you..
    Clingy or likes you? Well, clingy person can't be a "Marine"(can't pass psychological tests); But, yeah it seem he had been hurt in past. I agree with that.!!
    But, he cares a lot about you.! :)

• I totally agree with you

• I don't agree with 'a marine can't be a clingy person', that doesn't make any sense. I doubt the military gives clingyness tests to their soldiers. :P

Otherwise though I don't disagree.

• There is nothing like clingyness test..
      But in the tests they examine the person thoroughly.. His sense of well being to his sense of keeping calm in highly critical/tense situation..

• I think clingy is an appropriate word. And I don't text. I'd at least call and leave a message if I didn't get an answer.

• I was a marine and would do the same thing. But you may be right in the women hurting him thing. Like he has no faith in the honesty of women (meaning what they say and if they really like you) or are playing games) I don't do games and don't like being ignored by someone in trying to start something with. Maybe he's the same?

• a guy shows what he wants and express interest but girls interpret it as being clingy... i dont really understand girls. when the guy is not texting the girl at all then the girl interpret as he is not interested...

• Life, always so complicated LOL.

• its just psychology

• @J1nnishere so men have to learn psychology?

• Yeah; a lot of insecure guys do this to themselves; by sending so many texts before a reply tells me there just so desperate. I think he was hurt before to by the way he was texting not in anger; just be careful.

• It sounds like he doesn't know how to be patient, and clingy guys usually become controlling.

• he's a clinger and he is crazy... run

• Means he is a desperate needy and kinda creepy little chap ^_^

• it looks like he wants to talk to you and your rudely ignoring him for some exploitation for us gagmembers to reaffirm his interest in you all to feel good about yourself.

• I don't see how I can ignore someone if I didn't get their texts? No need for assumptions like that.

• Could be a bit insecure, every text a guy sends, they expect a decent response time or at least a response sooner or later.

• Clingy and insecure, also someone that freaks out over not being texted back is also controlling.

• This guy is desperate lol

• if he texts you 6 times tomorrow and 6 times the day after that, it means he's possessed by the devil.

What Girls Said 5

• yikes! he seems very impatient. If someone does not text me back within 30 min i will just say to myself "oh well, ill just talk to 'em when i see 'em" texting is just not that big of a deal for me. Also i know that it is not the best way to communicate so i never take texting serious or try to have long conersations.

I met a guy like this one time. We went on one date and i did tell him that it was okay to text me however i dont text to often and actually prefer talking or seeing each other in person and that i will try to make an effort to text back.

well this guy texted me while i was at work and i got really busy at work. My job is quite demanding and sometimes i go hours without checking my phone because it really can be impossible to do so at work. That day i didn't get to check my phone until i was getting off work and i saw about 15 messages from the guy all within a couple of hours and they all were stuff like "Hello" "how is your day?" "are you there?" "are you ignoring me?" there were just many variations of these messages "i dont know if you saw my other message but how are you doing today?"

He even wrote on my Facebook status. I hadn't made a status in a view days so it was an old one but he said something like "is there anything wrong with wanting to know how you are doing? you could at least text me back or let me know if you dont want to hear from me again"

right when i saw the text messages i texted him and said "im just now getting off work, im sorry i couldnt text you right away but did you really have to send me that many text messages lol?"

and he seemed to of had some attitude and said something like "you could have at least texted me back.." he said some other stuff but i cut the guy off quick becasue he was scarying me. He was being so demanding of my attention and i didn't even know him like that. I met him online and we went on one date so we werent even all the way friends yet. I blocked him on FB and deleted his post

• Oh lord!!! That is like to the extreme! Texting is the only way as can communicate right now b/c he is on a naval ship & only here service outside, but calling wouldn't be so good b/c there's helicopters always flying around.

The guy was a little bit out there though! Like you told him you were busy but yet he still expected you to respond even after telling him that. Damn >.<

• yeah i understand wht you are saying a lot of marine guys are out of touch with the dating game though. I personally wouldn't date a marine but if you think you can handle it and can see things from his point of view then there shouldn't be a problem. If you do not think he is too demanding for you then that is all that matters. After all what one woman may be able to put up with, another woman may not. Some woman may think of getting texts like that as sweet and thoughtful. Whereas i see it as being impatient and demanding and i am just not the type of woman who can deal with someone that i hardly know fussing at me over texting.

• I think it takes certain women to talk/date someone in the military, not for many! But, hahaha I completely understand. For me it's sweet b/c it makes me feel wanted you know? Doesn't happen a lot. Definitely depends on the woman! I know people who are "Awh" & others who are like "shut the hell up" hahahaha.

• well it does sound creepy & seems to me that he really really really likes you. A bit needy?

• well... if you add 2 more 6's then 666. He's a demon, stay away is what it means. Unless you have a death wish.

• He's clingy. He even commented on your photo on IG just to say he has been texting you? Creepy.

• Not cute for me, its creepy