Would you rather be 5'9" average-looking guy or 5'6" very attractive guy?

For females, would you rather date 5'9" average-looking guy or 5'6" very attractive guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I'll go for the guy who is most attractive to me overall. Attraction isn't always one attribute. It's mostly the overall look that the guy has. But assuming I find chemistry with the shorter guy for some reason and have more attraction then I'd obviously pick him but in all honesty I have a thing for tall guys :/

What Girls Said 14

• It depends on his personality. Obviously, men who are taller, women find more attractive. But shorter men are very cute. But it all depends on his face and personality.

• the shorter more attractive one

• Out of the two, 5'6 very attractive. Look at Zach Efron, he's pulling it off. But to be honest I'd still go for the 6ft average looking guy over him if they both had similar personalities and I had to pick one based on looks.

• im 5'6 so id rather date a guy that is 5'9 and average looking eventhough I would prefer him to be taller lol

• Most of the guys I work with are shorter than me, but damn are they good looking. Then there are a few taller ones, but they're not as attractive.

I'll have the shorties, plz.

• I wouldn't date a guy based on looks and height. I would date a guy based on personality. So whichever has a better personality

• 5'9 average looking. Height matters.

• you phucking ugly bitch

• You're a short prick. She thinks height is attractive so you call her an ugly bitch

• Wow, asker. Way to be a douchebag.

Nobody is obligated to like you. If she likes tall men, that's her preference.

• If we're making a decision based on looks only, I'd say 5'6'' very attractive guy. I'm 5'1'' anyway ^^

• Im 5'3 though 😭 so i wouldn't mind dating either. Honestly, as long as the guy is taller or the same in terms of height with me, Im cool. Very attractive can be annoying sometimes I don't know wtf

• what about personality?

• Either of them is fine, though the deciding factor is my compatibility with them.

• It depends on which one would be a better boyfriend.

• For once a girl that actually wants to know how the really is :)

• The guy that's 5,6 and super attractive

• My bf is only like 5'7 and I'm 5'2 and he's absolutely sexy. He's got rock hard muscles he worked hard for and his face is to die for. Taller women always check him out still haha! This might sound shallow, but the main attraction point for a guy for me, is his face and body. Height, not really since I'm short and I've never seen shorter then myself lol.

What Guys Said 12

• if i had to choose between these 2 i'd choose 5'6" and very attractive, but yet i'd not be totally satisfied.

so can we make the 5'6",5'2" instead? LOL

• I would have said 5'6" because both seem short to me so might as well look good, but tractorbeam's study suggests there's a big differance between the two.

I think probably 5'6" good looking and move somewhere the women are really short is a better bet.

I'd rather be me.

• I'm amazed. I only found this today on the internet, and it's become relevant for 3 questions already.
    It goes like this: A man 5'6" tall can be as attractive to the average woman as a man 6' tall, PROVIDED HE EARNS $183,000 PER YEAR MORE. A 5'10" man would only need to earn $32,000 more per year.
    See reference 11, in this link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookism#cite_note-11
    It would appear that a 5'6" man would still have to be earning something like $120,000 more than the 5'9" man, to be equally attractive. Assuming his wife or girlfriend gets to spend 1/2 of that (otherwise it would be of no interest to her), she's actually demanding $20,000 per inch per year in compensation because of the height of the shorter man

• oh shit lol it's true lol. Would be cheaper for the guy to get his legs lengthened to 5'9" or 5'10" then he'd only need the 32 g's a year The 5'6" guy could spend his 1 years earnings on the surgery. Then only the 32 extra and give her 16 which is way cheaper than 91.5 per year. If I was 5'6" that's what I'd do

• I'd keep the money and give her none. If she couldn't pay her own way, she could fuck off.
      Even real whores don't charge anywhere near that much money.

• Good call.

• 5'9" isn't really that tall compared to 5'6". But I'd rather be the 5'9" guy, because I'm 5'6" so I know the struggles.

• Can I be my actual height at 5'3 5'4 and be very attractive?

• There are some 4'10" ,4'11" and 5'0" girls around they would probably be your best choice but you could try 5'4" or 5'5" girl and see how it goes.

• No I don't think I'm in the same position. I don't like girls who have "racial preferences" nor do I like girls who have a height preference. A lot of girls like tall guys and white guys so that eliminates plenty right there.

• Plus I'm perceived differently. I can get away with being shy and awkward. I don't know if a tall guy can. I guess so, but being short seems to help with that. Many girls see me as cute.

• Well I actually am 5"9 and I hope I'm at least average, so I'd choose that.

• I'm gonna go with "just me". I'm 5'4" so it doesn't matter

• 5'6 and very attractive.

Face>Height>Body

That and you can easily cheat those few inches with heel lifts haha.

• You think we wear shoes 24 hours?

• What do you expect? Dating a girl at your fake height. What happens once you take of your shoes

• Nothing happens. Nobody has ever mentioned it to me. Maybe they would notice if they were in between your real height and 'fake height', but that's an uncommon scenario and they are unlikely to be that bothered anyway. Do you run out the house crying if you go back to a girls and she takes off her high heels? Or do you not give a shit?

• Being a 5'6" average looking guy I guess I'm just shit out of luck

• I am 6'4 and attractive xD

• Zac Efron is 5'8 . And height always wins unless you look like a model and are rich as fuck. A tall guy is like a chick with massive boobs and a hot face. Of course you would choose a hot chick with big boobs over a flat chest ugly girl. Only thing is girls can get fake boobs it's hard expensive and dangerous to get your legs lengthened

• What the fuck are you talking about? Height is height, face is face, body is body.

• It's a typo man A tall guy "to a girl" is like a chick with massive boobs and a hot face " to a guy" I went into depth because you didn't get it i simplified it for you man. 'Most guys' Don't give a fuck about height . Short guys give a fuck about height. Average and tall guys don't seem to.

• At the end of the day it doesn't matter what I say. Life is hard for a short man trust me I know. I'm 5'8 and I find it hard with ladies but I do have an attractive face so I still get some but I have to try hard. My friends that are 6'1 6'2 6'3 just stand there and do nothing they have girls all over them without trying and I more attractive face wise than them.

• Both of those heights are still pretty short so you aren't getting the "tall" bonus points with women either way. I'd rather be very attractive.

• Also this. Make it 6'3 and average, then the choice would be much harder.

• No the problem is most of girls are below 5'9". At 5'6", many girls are taller