My heart is broken. Men & Women share your insight! (I give points)?

He kisses me, hugs me tight, tells me of course he loves me, says he wants me to have his kids a year from now, cuddles me, kisses my hand, calls me cute, and says there is no other woman in his life but me. He just doesn't want to date right now. He's busy working on a project that he believes will be a success.
What can I do to make him commit? I've asked him if he'd care if I dated someone else and his answer was yes and no. Yes but no because I can do what I want and he can't tell me no. At the same time he asked why I can't just be single... and I told him, I want someone to be there for me. I want a future with someone. He understands.

I guess the question is why? Why won't he commit and what can I do to make him?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is just happy being single even if he likes you. Some people are just very independent its pretty normal. But you are also normal for wanting to move forward. I know it hurts but do not take it personally. You have a very tough choice to make so try to stay calm. If he likes you and you both agree to be exclusive and not sleep around or date then you are basically in a relationship. Yes maybe its not perfect but that is the call you have to make. Can you be in a relationship without a label and without all the perks till he is ready or would you rather be heart broken for a bit and find someone who is moving your speed? Its a tough call and I wish you the best of luck with it.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't understand the cold feet people get about dating or being official. While he wants to work on his career and his projects (which is great) it doesn't seem to bother you knowing that there might be a day or days where you don't see each other or talk much. Projects take awhile to get off the ground sometimes so it's really up to you how long you are willing to wait.

• I'm like you. I want some kind of commitment. I want (need) to know that all the time, love, heart I put into a relationship won't be thrown away. I've been hurt before by someone who wouldn't fully commit, at the same time, you obviously like this person. You probably just want the same protection I want, knowing you're in a committed relationship where someone will always be there.

It may not be easy, but try to talk to him about it, without sounding like you are trying to force him to commit. Forcing him into a false commitment won't do anyone any good.

• “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.”
    ― Mark Twain

Give him one year. If nothing changes you have your answer.

• He might be focusing on his career right now and does not want to date when he can't focus full on you but he seems like a really good guy so maybe he is wort waiting for?

What Girls Said 0