What do you think about this explanation as to why dating is an awful investment for men?

A guy must risk tremendous embarrassment just to ask a girl out. If he is lucky, he will get only that embarrassment by receiving a no. If he is unlucky, he gets a yes.

To get across why, I will say that an average date will cost the guy $50. It may be more, maybe less, but that seems about average. Remember that with each passing date, and with each passing moment of that small talk you mention, the guy increases his chances that he will say something stupid. Every time a guy opens his mouth, he runs the risk off saying something stupid; and dating requires him to open his mouth a lot.

So let's say he goes on one date, spends $50. Second date, $50. Third date, $50. Fourth date, says something stupid, she breaks up with him, but he still has to spend $50. There goes $200 down the drain. Each good date requires that he invest more money for the next date, yet each next date runs the risk of more stupidity and therefore runs the higher risk of a breakup.

Essentially, the guy invests more money to make his investment less secure. Basic logic should tell him that does not make good business sense.

Source: answers.yahoo.com/.../index

Most Helpful Girl

• Business sense and dating don't belong in the same sentence. The more dates you have with a girl, the closer you should be getting to each other. If you aren't acquiring mutual affection and interest, then you should probably both continue to see other people. Girls risk embarrassment just like guys do, don't you think we get nervous about dates too? Worry we'll say the wrong thing or not say the right thing? Dating is a risk, but the reward you get from a loving partner is a special thing that you really can't put a price on.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hello R3d anonymous...

No, this is horrible logic. It is riddled with assumptions and sexist ideals. You are also weighing means and goals. Are the means worth pursuing the end goals is the question you are asking. That all depends, and you can come to answers for good reasons or bad, You seem to have come to it with bad reasons, once again: STOP READING THAT RED PILL SHIT.

• How did you know it was me?

• ohhhhh that explains the discrepancy, it just didn't seem like something you would ask :D But Metlahead knew. :o

• @Mesonfielde yeah, because back in the day (when I asked this question), I was getting really worried about potentially being hurt in the future and was posting all these questions questioning whether one even has the potential to find real love and things like this. And it was all based on stuff I was reading online on other forums and sites with all these heartbreak stories and shit. So he was able to tell that it was me yet again getting all worried over something I read online about dating. lol

I actually still slightly have that problem. I am completely inexperienced, but I've spent so much time in the past and now just reading and reading and reading about love, sex, relationships, dating, heartbreak, breakups, courtship, etc that I've sort of psyched myself out over the years and am kind of paranoid about the subject...

What Girls Said 3

• Lol... You are only looking at the money you are dishing out but what if she is the girl of your dreams or your future wife who will later bare your kids? What if this woman has high moral values and will love you forever? You aren't taking into account what SHE can give you emotionally and the support a good woman can give you.. I think you should be more worried about finding a QUALITY type of woman rather than what you're spending on a date... and who says you have to pay 50 dollars minimum hands down on a date? Why not aim for 30 bucks or 20? Why does it have to be as high as 50? If you are that money starved use your imagination and try to think of ways to date cheaper while still having a quality date.

• That wasn't my composition. I was honestly laughing too. I was just asking what you people thought.

• I think its interesting how you saw dating from a business standpoint and I think MOST people would be smarter if they see if they are investing in something good or not.. But you should be looking for QUALITY type woman and women should be looking for QUALITY type men.. but the thing is people don't lol even me because its very difficult waiting

• A guy doesn't have to pay for every date, that's simple-minded. And dates don't have to cost much money. A picnic or cooking dinner at your house are both really inexpensive ideas.

And every human being says something stupid sometimes, both guys and girls. That's easily excusable and not much of a reason to write somebody off. Simply developing tact should lessen the amount of times something stupid slips out a person's mouth.

• Well I think dating is a risk... its like gambling... u never know what the outcome will be. Maybe u will end up happily married one day or maybe u might end up splitting up or maybe u find out that u were just getting used all along and that u were never loved. That's why I think its good to be friends first and to get to know the person very well first and to be super selective. Gotta be careful about who u trust these days especially.

What Guys Said 4

• ..."an average date will cost the guy $50". Pffffff, you got off lightly when I look at my back catalog. You're looking at it all wrong, like with each moment that passes the likelihood of you blowing it only increases. Time with her is an opportunity, relax and let it flow. If you start as you mean to go on it should be obvious after date No.1 if it's gonna work or not. Trying to be too clever with your game only ever leaves you with egg on your face.

• is either date or no date. take your pick lol.

• That's because you spend $50 on a date each time.

I don't see what costs so much about a date. even going to the movies is like... $12.

• Just replied to Metlahead (notifying because I can't @mention as an anonymous user).

• If you're on budget you will be lucky if you find girl thats fine with 50/50 date or else prepare to spend a lot its true dating keep you without money sometimes. But the stupid point no it's not true if the is not stupid then everything is fine but if He's naturally stupid he won't success