Can a 22 year old man date a 17 year old if she's turning 18 in 3 months?

Living in the U. S. is it legally AND socially acceptable for this to occur?

Without sex being involved of course.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on where she lives for example, in New York my state, the age of consent is 17. Socially acceptable? Everyone when it comes to age differences is quick to say THAT'S ILLEGAL and THAT'S CREEPY and it's annoying. People are way too judgmental and sensitive over that type of shit. Like, how? She's 17 about to be 18. She's a big girl.
    simple.wikipedia.org/.../Age_of_sexual_consent_in_the_United_States
    ^^^ You said no sex involved but even if there would be the age of consent in most states is 16 (for 32 states)
    It's not illegal just to date someone anyways.

What Girls Said 9

• yeah you can date. i think it's a little sketch since you two are probably mentally in different places... and yeah, don't fuck her or you'll get convicted as a sex offender. it's happened before.

• It's not illegal unless you guys have sex. Only reason I know is because when I was 15 I had a crush on a staff at my school and I searched shit up... :P

• Wait the 3 months. Better safe than sorry.

• Sure, just don't mess around at all for 3 months.

• Socially acceptable- not really depending on the crowd.
    Legally?- No, keeps things low profile because she is not yet an adult.

• I think it is illegal. Why not just wait for the three months. Or keep it on he low for three months, then let it be known, just to be on the safe side.

• Dude, just find someone your own age please.

• I don't see a problem

• Nope its completely illegal.

What Guys Said 4

• It's legal in the majority of U. S. states, however it's not socially acceptable. I personally wouldn't condemn you, however I do think you're in two different stages in life. If a long-term relationship is ideal you should look for a woman who will be going through less changes.

• You can do whatever you wanted as long as you keep the secret to yourself.

• It's not socially acceptable until she's actually 18. Legal? As the others have said, as long as you don't have sex.

• Its illegal. Just wait 3 months bro. Jail ain't worth that lol