Should I pay for her on the first date?

Should I pay for her on the first date or should she pay for herself? What about dates later on in our relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• Who asked who out? If you asked her out, then it would be a polite and gentlemanly gesture to cover the bill. If she asked you, then I would expect her to at least pay her half. My rule of thumb was always to have enough money with me to cover the bill if I asked him out. If he asked me out, I would always bring enough to cover my half, just in case. Although I never had to, they were gentlemen and more than happy to pay for the first date.

What Girls Said 6

• Ahh. The Date Bill Dance has frustrated young lovers since the beginning of time. You are expected to pay if you asked her out. She *should * make a move for her wallet. At this point, if she insists, try one of these approaches:

I got this. Next time you can get the coffee (or whatever). This is awesome because you are also letting her know there will be a next time.

Offer to let her get the tip, or popcorn or whatever if she insists on paying. Do NOT ignore a sincere desire of hers to pay.

• If you were the one who asked her out, then sure. Next time it would be nice if she is the one who pays.
    I take turns with my boyfriend. Sometimes I pay and sometimes he pays. Both of us hate splitting the bill.

• If you asked her out then it wouldn't be bad paying for the first time. After that, split the bill and she's on her own.

• Just pay the first time. After that, take turns or go dutch.

• The guy ALWAYS pays on the first date.

• Of course!

What Guys Said 6

• If you both know it I an Actual date, then f course you pay for her. (If she is smart, she will at least reach for the check, so as not to seem like she is expecting you to pay, but never let her look at the bill.) In addition, don't act like you are doing her a favor by paying - Treat it as if you are lucky to have spent a wonderful time with her, and its is a bargain to have it only cost you a dinner. Do not ever make any exasperations when you get the check, that will make her feel like a freeloaded, and/or that you will expect her to owe you something because you paid. If she insists repeatedly on paying, she is not attracted to you, and wants nothing more than friendship.

• I think I'd be a nice thing to do. I believe guy should pay for first date, after that you can split if you want.

• A man should pay for the FIRST DATE as courtesy.
    Probably after third to fourth date, if you tease her a bit
    and you found out SHE SEEMS DECLINED to pay for part of the fees.
    Consider to not asking her out again..

• I usually just pay at first just to be safe. It also gives me a insight on how she reacts to me paying.

• If you asked, you should pay, especially if you want a second date.

• I'd rather just split it since I think it's the most fair way about it but you can do whatever