Do I not get hit on because I am overweight or ugly?

Sigh, I guess it's the sad truth. I honestly don't think I am that bad looking. When I see my pictures (that I post on online dating sites or facebook) or in real life (sometimes) I feel like I am pretty or decent looking.. but when I go to places like a club I don't get hit on? In fact some guys are super mean to me on online dating sites... telling me just horrible stuff like " you really think you have a chance with me" (that is what somebody literally said) and I've been told the same thing before. I guess I was "going up" :( but honestly I think it's so rude and mean that somebody would just say that to somebody instead of considering their feelings like a prick... which brings me to another question "Why are some guys total jerks?" But back to the main question.. Do I not get hit on because I am fat/ugly? is that why my past relationships failed and why guys only want me for sex and never a relationship?

Oh sheez I guess my hairstyle sucks badly :( lol

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's more likely what you project. You're insecure (that's why you ask this question). Your lack of confidence is projected towards others. I also had this problem (and kinda still have it), and I realized that when I act more confident, women tend to look me more.
    Think confident, and you'll act confident. Guys like confident women; women that look powerful and proud of themselves.
    I doubt you're obese (which will be a turn-off), so you're just probably a little overweight, but you say you're not ugly, so then this is not the reason why men don't approach you, it's more about what your project.

What Guys Said 6

• Ashley, your not too pretty of a girl. But... if you change glasses, fix your hair, lose a few pounds and show off the boobies some you will do a lot better. I see plenty of gals like you married, so you can do it too.

You need to get some advice on a makeover. Also start going to the gym & eating right. Whatever you do don't fudge up your body with tattoos and piercings. See if you can get a gal to help you look more presentable. You got some luscious boobies to work with. Some gals would love to have them as well as some guys. If you have a nice disposition your half way there. Keep at it darling!

• Seen the dating profile below, you should take off the third picture because the lighting is bad, and the female anon below is right - your hair style isn't really that great.

Physical attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder and somewhat unpredictable, although if I want to be honest, you have exactly the type of appearance that I'm not attracted to, but my brother totally would be, haha. You remind me of his girlfriend based on looks, really.

Oh, there is one more thing. The "About" page is completely off-putting. You have spelling errors and wrote "were" instead of "where", "whose" instead of "who's", Hell you wrote WHOSE instead of WHO'S every single type so it's not even a typo! Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

That, and you seem to have chosen "body type: overweight" who's going to find self-deprecation appealing? You use "lol" too many times, and honestly, the about page says nothing about you but that you're slightly demanding, look upon guys as "guys" and it just talks about what is important to YOU, but nothing about why a person who's on this website should be interested IN you. I kinda wonder what "mostly monogamous" means.

There are many problems with this profile. You should make it sound appealing. Even I'd say "not interested" because of the errors, all the "lol"s and especially how it's all about what a guy has to do for you to appreciate them. Nothing about what you keep track of as something of an achievement, something about yourself... Hell, I didn't even really get what you truly look for in a person other than that they'd genuinely like you. Nothing about your values, or anything. Apart from that it says "Christianity" so if 'no sex before marriage' is on the table that further reduces your chances.

• Usually it's the men you choose... most women like the bad boy and winder why he ends up sleeping with you and walking... pick an average dude who will worship you. I am not saying this is you but many women... (men do it too with hot chick's that use them)..

• leme guess with my magic vision ball.. I can see you.. look like a ball

• I do think you should try to lose some weight. On a 1-10 scale, getting fit easily bumps you up 1-2 points. So if you think you're a 5, you could get to a 7.

• You don't look that fat. A bit overweight, but not too fat. Girls in clubs are super attractive and someone who is even a bit overweight seems really unattractive in comparison. You don't seem to be trying to look pretty. You have no problem that you can't fix. Fun fact, the ugliest girl who goes to the gym consistently is prettier than the average girl.

What Girls Said 2

• post a picture or something

• I tried to post a picture lol for my avatar but it wasn't working but i may send a link xD but even then I kinda don't want to be MORE hurt by people actually saying that I am ugly

• And I want to lose weight but not for the wrong reasons.. I wanna lose it because I love my self.. I actually like my apperance it just sucks that not everyone agrees I guess

• I was going to say only lose weight if it affects your health. I like your eyes too but the bangs are ehhh lol now I sound like I'm bashing your appearance, but no really, you're fine

• You're decent looking but I think you should lose a bit of weight and change your hair style, maybe grow it out a bit. Get rid of those bangs too. You have a pretty enough face, but you just have to work on it a bit. Maybe you are also going for the wrong guys.