Whats your take on this?

if u ur a guy do u think its better to date someone older or younger and why? and if ur a girl its pretty much the same question

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the age a girl has. I am a young woman, I don't really care right now what type of man I date. The main fact is to be attracted to him, to like him for what he is. I have an entirely life in front of me, I am stable financial speaking and I want to do a lot of things before I get too old. Right now, love doesn't have anything in common with the age.
    But if you talk about an older woman who seeks stability and a serious man who shares the same perspective about life, or a mother who wants to take care of her kids and wants an older guy who could accept her and the kids, it another part of the problem.
    There are girls who date older guys because they have family issues or want someone who could maintain them. There are older women who look for adventures or something new in their lives and date younger guys.
    Again, it depends on what side of the subject are you looking at.

What Girls Said 4

• I currently like someone 7 years older, which is the highest I'll go, but I've liked someone 3 years younger before. To me, as long as you are both on the same age level maturity-wise, it doesn't matter. When you are younger (like a teenager) there are important life experiences you have yet to experience that contribute to maturity (like buying a car, moving out, paying rent, being self-sufficient, etc.) but as long as you are both on about the same level, it's fine :)

• i'd date older. idk. i feel like -typically- older guys have their lives more organized. i kind of want someone with direction so that i don't bring him down into my maelstrom of confusion lol.

• Probably a +/- 5 years max age difference. Doesn't really matter if older or younger (but only 3years younger at the moment because I do not want to get involved with that whole issue, i'm 20).

• Plus or minus 2 years would be ideal for me. Though, in the end, its all about love, not age.

What Guys Said 5

• I tend to go for girls that are younger or at least my age. But I wouldn't say no to a woman older than me, but not more than 2 years.
    There's no better or worse.

• I'd prefer to date older, but it doesn't really matter. Someone who has their life organized and has a legit job.

• Age isn't that big of an issue. 7 years plus or minus is the Max though. Depends highly on maturity and compatibility. Exceptions in everything though.

• Younger, because older girls want guys with careers already

• Older women aware more mature. They don't play mind games.