Best friend mad I broke up with her brother?

My best friend and I have been friends for 15 years now she is the sister I never had. I dated her younger brother by 2 years for 2 years and we broke up. It was a friendly break up on both ends we just wanted different things and knew it wouldn't work out. My friend is all pissed at mW because supposedly I broke her brother's heart into pieces. I tried talking to her and she won't even listen to me. I never take sides in a break up between people unless like one person did something really nasty to the other person. It just hurts that she isn't even willing to hear my side of the situation at all and here I thought we were so close she viewed me like a sister. Its like you were willing to listen to his side what about mine there are 2 sides to every story. Sure he may feel a lite hurt about the break up but what about me doesn't she realize I could be in some pain too? What should I say to her so she will hear me out? It hurts soooo much because we have been very close friends for so long. I feel she is being a bad friend for not even hearing me out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let her cool off for a while. Maybe she'll realize that she's being childish. If not, maybe talk to her brother about it? If you really did end it on somewhat good terms, he could probably explain to her that it would be really unnecessary of her to stop being your friend since the breakup wasn't all too bad. If she hears it directly from him that it wasn't all too bad, then maybe she'll realize that there's no reason for her to be this mad at you.

What Guys Said 1

• there are side effects to every choice. dating a friends brother or sister is a no no cause when something happens your friend is still his sister first

• Well we were friends for such a long time that at this point we should be on equal standing and if she was mature she wouldn't involve herself.

• who knows Myself and her friend told her we where just friend still hung out but not more as far as we where concerned but my sister did tell her friend that "she broke my brothers heart" ? I don't know where that came form but you know. It's been a few years now there bake to getting along again.
      My sister we argue and fight as much as any others but family always comes first no matter what, so I kind feel like that lead her chooses

• I agree that family comes first but family doesn't always have to be just blood. Also a friend that has been a friend for that long should be family after that length of time that's my point. Its stupid to side with someone just because they have the same blood running through them. Its who is right and wrong.

What Girls Said 4

• let her be, if she was a real friend she won't even involve her self in the situation.

• Its hard because we were sooo close if I lost her as a friend I would be devastated

• @Asker no you won't it's her who started so it's her fault not yours

• I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice, I once waited two months for my friend to emigrate to Thailand then broke up with her brother. Very cowardly!

• Let her live her live she will come and look 4 u dont worry yourself

• there is no real friends in this world...