I'm 17 and she is 14?

Okay now I'm 17 years of age and she is 14 but I really like her and she likes me she doesn't feel weird but I do, can I have some opinions on this please male and female.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok so it might seem crazy but my best friend is 14 and her boyfriend is 17 but it would be even weirder if you were him but what I'm saying is technically its not wrong depending on where you live some states won't allow it but soon enough she should be 15 and you will be 18 but the relationship would technically have to end until she turns 16 more than likely but in my opinion its not wrong especially if its a long distance relationship

What Girls Said 6

• Okay, I think that is SUPER weird because the age gap is just so prominent. What I think it is, is the fact that you guys are in two totally different phases in your lives. She's still in the beginning stages of being a teenager and you've only got a year before you're 18... Think about it dude. When you go to college and see all the girls in your age range...

• 3 years is literally nothing.. 14 actually isn't young at all, I remember when I was 14 and although I was quite developed for my age, it was quite normal to be having relationships with people as old as 18, and I think we were all sexually active to some degree.. stop stressing, If you like her and she likes you then thats that

• It's fine! I was around her age when I had my first relationship with an older guy.

• Omg no please if I were her parents I would kill u. . .

• Can you not get a girl your own age? It's so awkward especially in high school. Definitely weird. If you were 30 and she was 27 it wouldn't matter as much but wtf... It's creepy.

• You'te both in high school. I honestly dont find anything wrong with a 3 year age difference

What Guys Said 3

• If you do pursue a relationship make sure it ends on your 18th birthday. On that day your relationship will become statutory rape and her parents will have the option to ruin your life.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh my goodness *wipes tear* This made me crack-up.

Only psychos would call police on a 18 year old boy.

@Holygirl01 it's happened before, especially if there's a few years difference between the couple. What it comes down to is the discretion of her parents, and that's a terrible gamble for a young man to take.

• Morally there is nothing wrong with the relationship if you both want it. Legally it depends on where you live. Most states in the U. S set the age of consent to 16, but some have close in age exceptions. Google age of consent laws for your location for more information.

Just because something is illegal does not mean its wrong, but you have to decide what risks you are willing to take.

• honestly I am in a similar position I am 20 and this girl is 17 but I really like this girl, she has been homrschooled and idn if I should give it time or not, but personally a 3 year difference is not a big problem in the future that is a normal relationship difference