What's the right protocol as far as telling people you aren't yet exclusive?

I have just recently got back into the dating scene about two years after my divorce. I'm not a ladies' man and want to have a relationship with one woman. But just as I'm getting back into it, there are several women who are interested. I haven't gone out with any of them yet. But I have dates set.

Should I tell them that I'm not exclusive yet or will they know that? I should say that I won't have casual sex. So if we are becoming intimate, then I will be exclusive with the lady. So there is no danger of taking advantage of her just for sex.

It's just that I've been in a monogamous relationship for so long that I just don't know te rules of "playing the field" anymore. (Assuming that's what they call it).

Most Helpful Girl

• First dates are not necessarily exclusive yet so until you feel something for one of them then you can casually date

What Girls Said 2

• They'll assume that you're not exclusive, especially if these are just first dates you're talking. Typically, exclusivity isn't expected until you actually talk about it.

• As long as you're not intimate with them and you are honest about it if they ask then there's no problem.

What Guys Said 1

• You are not exclusive with someone until you both talk about and agree to it. If she makes assumptions with out asking you its on her.

I personally usually wait until im have sex with a girl on a regular basis before I go exclusive