Does race matter in dating?

I don't really care about race personally. But I'm just wondering whether the majority of people do or don't.

Suppose two people are of different races, but they behave the same way and are culturally identical. Would it matter then?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• I generally am more attracted to white girls. And my attraction level to the girl I'm dating certainly matters... so I would say, YES it does matter.

• But it's certainly not like I would automatically be against dating women who are not white.

• I wish it didn't, but it does. Not because of looks or anything, but because of culture. I was surprised when I entered university how every race from around the world has such different cultures and lifestyles. Usually relationships only work if two people share the same lifestyle (imagine a relationship between a pron star and a devoted Christian).

That being said, I'm open to dating any woman who has my interest. However, I still have a lot of recently developed doubts and concerns I'd have to move past.

• No, not for me. Yes for my parents generation. I think they were the transition generation and sit on both sides to some degree. They allowed their children to be comfortable not having these hang ups, but to a degree they still do. When I have dated girls of other races (my first gf was Asian), I was surprised to discover they still had some hang ups.

• Nope, there are attractive people from all races. Physical attraction gets me first then it's who she is on the inside that makes or breaks it.

• The inside that brks can be replace with the outside that is solid lel

• @Keyspirits True that! Sounds like my boy got experience.

• Leftovers is nvr a good thing lel better yet to keep the female dawg around lel

• Nah I don't care.

• Nah it ain't no thing

• not me. If someone is attractive then they're attractive.

• Yes absolutely white and Latina and native American only

• Yea I don't care about race when dating a person. I just care how they are.

• Yes. the RACE to beating your competition in getting the girl / guy!!

• I am attracted to all races, but rarely blacks

• That's sort of racist...

• It is not racist. If certain people are not my type, they are not my type. I cannot help that.
      I did not say I was NOT attracted to blacks, I said RARELY. There have been a few black girls I have found attractive, for example, this phlebotomist today. She was cute.

• Being mixed, it doesn't matter to me, but I do have my preferences.

• Mmm to some people yes.

• I'm more attracted to short white girls.

• it depends on environment. I live in a diverse city and interracial dating is super common.

• No race matters to me baby. You see opening up to all the race means more pussy to fuck. Baby I'm all about that booties and boobies baby. You don't have to worry a thing. I like you just the way you are, unless you are fucking ugly.

What Girls Said 10

• No, race doesn't and shouldn't. I mean some people have preferences but you shouldn't only seek one race. Just because another race isn't as physically appealing as another race might be to you, a guy (or girl) from another race could be actually really good to and for you and you could find yourself developing feelings for them. Race has never mattered to me

• "race doesn't and shouldn't"
      "Just because another race isn't as physically appealing as another race might be to you"

you do realize dating is an absolute private matter and people have freedom of choice to choose whomever they want for whatever reason?

this is not your private life or your choice to create "should" or "shouldn't" for people. have your "shouldn'ts" in your private life. other have theirs for themselves.

• "Does race matter in dating?"

for some. it bounds to two factors, personal preferences and culture.
    preferences can be different in persons and groups and is a private matter.

in general differences, for many inter-cultural dating is harder than interracial. in interracial dating, when two are raised inside one culture it is mostly only the person and his or her own personal behaviours. but in inter-cultural dating, cultural behaviours and collision is involved too, which can be harder for one to adopt.

usually in every culture there were and are some races who get along with each other better involved not only one race. there might be some races who match with each other better, but if saying race in general matters then there wouldn't be any mixing between humans.

• @wölfin-fräulein race doesn't necessarily equate culture.

what the heck kind of witchcraft writing is this? Do you even English?

• @Tokana no one said a reason. do not make it for yourself. some people get along better as they lived with each other in a very long period of time. that can happen for every two group in a long time.

• and do what you wish just do not waste my time.

• I only date black men.

• I care more about their personality then how they look or where their from :)))
    so no race doesn't matter to me :D

• In some case yes.
    It could be because of religion or just others interest in looks...
    In my opinion it doesn't matter..
    Because I think as long they are both happy and great for each other it should be fine no matter what your race is..

• I don't care much about race in dating

• I've dated black guys and my current bf is half Asian :)

• Nope , the scientists predict that in many years to come mostly everybody will be biracial 😁

• I ain't got no type. Bad... is the only thing that I like.

• Yeah I only like black guys.