22 and never had a girlfriend and it's starting to take it's toll?

Ok so 22 and i've never had a girlfriend and as much as i try not to let it get to me, it still does, over the past couple of years a number of things have led me to have mild depression (being single was one of them) now i'm working i get no time at the end of each day to meet anyone cos it takes me 2 hours to get home, and the lack of female attention is started to get to me, to the point where i'm just wanting to give up (i don't mean kill myself, as in just give up on romance), For the last 6 months i've actually been happy single, but now it's started to affect me again

I'm not a virgin so it's nothing to do with sexual frustration, i've just seen so many people in happy relationships and i want that, i'm a huge hopeless romantic and all that lovey dovey stuff i yurn for (yet when i see it happen with other couples it makes me feel angry and depressed at the same time)

Just not sure how i can maintain a positive attitude / outlook

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, you should give up. But not in a bad way.

Give up and stop concentrating/expecting things to happen. Concentrate on your interests, learning different things, exploring the world.

And then? Shit will pop up in your lap when you are NOT expecting it to. Realize those opportunities.

"It's only when we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfDVLsBXYcM

What Girls Said 2

• Just wait a bit longer <3

• but how long

• I was also a pessimist before, it was my curse

• i've always been a pessimist and a realist

• how often do you go out? do you have a social circle?

• Since i've been working a full time job, i don't realy go out any more as i live in the middle of nowhere and all the people round me arn't the type i want to mix with, and for me to go alone takes A LOT of courage

• was it able to land you a high paying job yet?

• Depends on what you class as a high paid job, but i have got a decent salary yes

What Guys Said 4

• Well I am a Virgin at 20 and never had a gf. I have contemplated suicide plenty of times. Have attempted several. I am not afraid to die. Death may be a way for me to escape a life of loneliness.

• I'd advise you get some help no matter what you think, suicide is never the answer

• I'd advise you to channel all your pain into great art. Works for me, wonderfully.

• look up dating Coaches, such as David Wygant and Johnny Berba

• Don't worry about having a woman at all. Stay single, cause a lot of single women are enjoying life without a man. Women these days brag about how they don't need no man in their life.

• What's the main reason that u dont have gf? In ur mind what would be the main reason?

• Thats the thing i don't know what it is, i'm by no means narcissistic, but other lack of self confidence (which can't really be helped, as the reason i don't have much self confidence is i never get female attention, meaning that cos i have low confidence i never get any female attention, and thus the cycle repeats)

• I think u dont have serious pro just wait and in the right time she will come out

• what do you mean by "serious pro"