How to have that talk about "our future"?

After nearly a year together I'm seeing the need to ask my guy where he sees our relationship going. How do I make that a low pressure convo? Never really done that before.

Thanks

What Guys Said 1

• there is no low or high pressure about that darling, its just pressure. and you are about to dump that on him after BARELY one year is going to do the exact same thing you are worried about now. You might as well just break up with him now, because thats what is going to happen if you have that talk. He might not do it immediately, but I'm willing to bet that you will begin to see him become distant, and eventually, leave.
    The "future" talk is one of the top reasons for break up. Being a woman, he already knows you want a future and he has been working towards it, the guy way... step by step, month by month etc.. now you wana go ahead and dump it on him all at once? because of what? security? insecurity? well good luck with that.

What Girls Said 1

• well... I mean its been a year... I think that convo is looooooooong over due. I'm assuming y'all aren't "official". By this point i would say its safe to say flat out. we been together a year, where is this going? You shouldn't waste time on something thats not going anywhere.