How do I show a guy that I'm starting to date that I want him to hold my hand?

Without saying so or just grabbing his hand myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Slowly get closer to him and touch the back of his hand. Just do some small nudges at first then try to get your figures to touch his palm. After that he should know that you want to hold hands. If that doesn't work, grab his hand gently and hold it. Don't make it seem like you're forcing it on him. Let it be natural. That should do the trick.

What Guys Said 7

• Just grab his hand and he'll get the picture. No talk necessary.

• Say ooooohh my hands are freezing, if he doesn't realize it then he's not that smart

• Just take his hand. Don't expect him to read your mind.

• Will he reject it if he doesn't want to hold it? I'm afraid that he'll just allow me to hold his hand even if that's not what he wants, because he is very shy and not an assertive kind of person.

• You won't know until you try. Gently slip your hand into his and see if he takes hold of it. Don't worry about him being grievously offended by you holding his hand, it's not a big deal.

• Ok, thanks, that makes me feel a bit better :)

• Ask him if he'll read your palm/lines of your hand.

But you should just grab it. Not a big deal.

• Ok thanks :)
      I'm just afraid of him letting me hold his hand even if he doesn't want me to, because he is shy and not very assertive.

• I can't think of any reason a guy wouldn't like it. You may just need to make more first moves if he is shy.

• Ok thanks :)

• Just grab his hand you idiot...

• Uh, what's wrong with grabbing his hand?

• I guess I'm scared of rejection... But I'll just be brave

• Just don't lip lock him directly afterward. Good word... I'm still trying to figure that one out whenever it enters my mind.

• Haha I won't
      Thanks

• "Accidentally" brush your hand against his when you are walking or accidentally touch his hand in a dark movie theater or whatever you get the idea

What Girls Said 7

• Just sort of joke around and touch like bodies as you're even walking together with a language that is showing him you are fun to be with and... as you sort of lightly nudge him in a teasing way, your hands will sort of too just happen to---touch... and he may just grab it if he likes you enough...
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks heaps, I'll definitely try that!

• Yes, it has worked for me.. kissing too.. lol.. so welcome.. xxoo

• Don't be immature or beat around the bush. Be assertive and ask if he would like to. Men can't read our freakin minds.

• God, you finally understand haha

• You can wait to see if he does but what's the point of driving yourself crazy waiting? If you ask if he wants and he does, well there you go! Isn't the point to hold hands? Don't get into "I want him to want to hold my hand and show me by holding my hand before I hold his hand", if a guy doesn't want to hold your hand, he won't.

• Ok thanks

• Well just start to hold his hand and eventually he'll get used to it. Also some guys want to know if it's okay to do that but are too afraid to ask so taking initiative helps a lot. I know you said you didn't want to hear this, but it's way less awkward than telling him.

• Ok thanks, if you think it'll be less awkward :)

• Trust me it is. I ha a guy who asked to kiss me and it made things a little awkward, it would have been better if he sensed the moment and initiated things

• you can do what i did and just grab his hand! they appreciate when a girl makes a move like that!

• stand a little close to him. compare hand sizes by holding your hand up to his all cutely.

• Haha thanks

• you're welcome :) hopefully it'd be kind of a hint hint like our hands are touching hmmm..

• Its easy , wear mini clothes hell touch your legs too and hold your hands too?

• I was hanging out with a guy that I liked and I think he liked me back. We were friends already, more like new friends. Only knew each other for a month and a half and hung out once at a movie with a mutual friend. So when I hung out with him at a party, when he showed up I immediately jumped up and sat right up against him. Within ten minutes I grabbed his hand. He loved it and we held hands and cuddled the entire night :) Try it out! :D I'm sure he will like it.