Why do people (women in my case) want to change me instead of finding someone who matches their criteria?

I put both genders since I'm pretty sure this happens on both sides, but almost every girl I meet wants to change something about me and I hate it. Why can't they just find someone who fits their needs?

Most Helpful Girl

• Quite frankly, I think it has to do with your personality. How do you present yourself to women? Do you appear vulnerable and 'too nice?' If you are, that's why the women feel they CAN change you. If you came across like a strong man who was not 'a douche' but confident in yourself, work and life (without a woman) will help you have a better chance with women.

What Girls Said 2

• If something that she want you to change will make you a better life. Would you keep doing the same things or change it?

• looking for him

What Guys Said 2

• Well, women think of men as some sort of investment. So they try to make him more popular, rising in social rank and by association, they do too. They're also very good at it.
    As to why men want to change girls, it's usually mostly sexual. They want them to engage in nastier sexual acts etc.

• There is no man who meets all the criteria a woman wants. You meet a lot of her criteria and she wants to change you to meet the rest of her expectations.