So my girlfriend said this to me last night?

So my girlfriend told me last night that she read a buddhism article some the said that your true soul mate is suppose to calm you not make you have butterflies in your stomach. She said she feels the most calm and at ease when she is with me or talking with me. What do you guys think about that statement?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like the stupid shit most girls say until they've had their heart broken a few times.

• Yeah pretty much

• Listen, I'm not trying to sound bitter or put their relationship down. If they are soulmates and they work out, then that is wonderful and I would be generally happy for them because it shows love is real. However, I'm still just being honest. Girls who are inexperienced in dating say those kinds of things. They want that fantasy. Not saying it doesn't exist. Just saying going into something blindly and naively never helps. My point is if she is expecting him to be a Disney Prince she is in for a reality check. Not saying he's a bad guy, but nobody is perfect.

• Touché..

What Girls Said 3

• I believe it's a good thing lol but why look on an article to know what feelings you have for someone? Does she need an article to say how she feels about you? 😐

• I say believe whatever feels right. Do whatever feels right. You don't need a fucking wish wash article to verify any things legitimacy and worth

• She lying trust me.

What Guys Said 2

• Better for you dude. At least she won't give you a bullshit reason for leaving you, IE no more butterflies.

What she's basically saying is that you two should be cool with each other, accepting, understanding, and chilling. Sounds like less drama and more likely to stick with you as long as you don't do something majorly fucked up to her.

Keep her, see where it goes.

• What is there to say? :) She likes you and what she said is true man. I've heard it before.
    I don't believe in ''soulmates'' but i do believe that when you are in love or with someone who makes you feel beautiful, you shouldn't be feeling nervous or the butterflies in your stomach. You should be calm. Maybe even feeling serenity.
    So. True words from her. And.. I think she's kinda in love with you.