Sugar baby / sugar daddy relationships... are they wrong?

I've recently come across a website where the promise of an agreement between two people dating translates into the "Sugar daddy" will provide for the "sugarbaby" financially.

Although on the surface the Concept seems immoral and quite possibly approaching prostitution. but when you really look into it is it honestly that bad? I mean the girl is protected just like a wife would be financially she is promised that kind of support in return for whatever the guy needs to make him happy. So what I'm saying is... if both parties agree and both parties go into it with that understanding is it wrong?

• It's completely wrong and should be illegal
  • I wouldn't do it but I don't have a problem with it
  • I don't see anything wrong at all

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope nothing wrong with it. I don't think there's anything wrong with prostitution either as long as it isn't forced.

2 consenting adults can do whatever the hell they want to do with each other.

I've considered being a Sugar Baby before it sounds like a really sweet gig. I don't see why anyone would ever want to be a Sugar Daddy, but I also can't wrap my head around why guys PAY to see strippers when you can watch girls dance naked online for free, but hey if you want to be a complete dumbass and pay me to date you then suuuree I can play along.

I was researching it and most girls get paid like $500+/date plus gifts, taken on trips, to expensive restaurants, you can meet celebrities and other rich people at special events, they'll pay for your school, rent, whatever... if you're single you're probably wasting your time going out on dates with guys you don't really like that much (and hope that maybe you'll grow to like) anyway might as well be rich guys you don't really like that much (and hope that you'll grow to like).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YipvtFLanYw

• I don't actually think that the guy is a total sucker because if a guy is in a "normal relationship" is he not already paying for most everything that his girl needs? I'm not suggesting that we pay for the girls to "date" us. In fact I don't consider it paying at all. I look at it like this, it's normal that a guy would support his girl.

• Completely agree with you. I don't care what consenting adults do either.

To answer your question about strippers, strippers haven't simply danced in front of guys for a very long time. Things are different in different parts of the country but where I am it is not unusual for guys to lick, kiss and fondle strippers. Even in so-called clean clubs it is not unusual for guys to get to "second base" with strippers.

As to sugar babies, they lie about how much they make. 100-300 is more realistic.

• I don't get how it's shameful, either. How is it shameful to know that people will spend thousands of dollars to spend time with you? :)

What Girls Said 2

• i dont have a problem with people doing it, its their lives. i only have a problem when people try to turn these men into victims when theyre not. they know what sugar babies are, sign up to those sites knowing what they are like and they are only interested in those women for their looks anyway theyre not going to hit up an ugly chick and pay her to sleep with him or hang out with him. its 'mutual using' guy -> girls looks, arm candy, status symbol and probably sex, girl -> money.

• It's wrong.. it just is

What Guys Said 2

• If you want to be a sucker and be with a woman who is with you for cash be my guest. Thats not my style though.

• If you know you're going to be used than its fine with me