I like this guy but his ex is gorgeous in every way, what should I do?

So there's this guy I've been talking to recently. He seems really interested, over the top sweet and wants to talk to me/get to know me all the time. Anyways, I went to hang with some of his friends and him and he told me his friends are saying I'm a supermodel, and that I'm the hottest girl they have ever seen. I'm not gonna lie, I've got compliments all my life. I have a very exotic look and accent, but I have a very plain style. I just go for classy, nothing that stands out. I really don't consider myself the beautiful type, because of my extreme lack of confidence. I don't ever post pictures, try new styles or things because I just don't have the motivation, I'm simply just me. I try to look good, but nothing distinguishing and it upsets me that I'm such a bore and have no clue why anyone would be interested in me.
So I did some creeping on this guys ex on Facebook, who he mentioned a few times and Oh My God she is gorgeous. I am probably "almost" as attractive as her but she has an awesome style. Hair, tattoos, style, exotic look. I feel weird talking to him now, like I wish I was more outgoing to the point where I try new things, post new pics. I'm just afraid and its not me. He seems more like her in his style and personality, and I just don't wanna feel like I'm being compared.

Any advice? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she was so gorgeous in every way what is she now his ex? It didn't work out so he's nit looking to replace her he's looking for the one that ticks all his required boxes and that doesn't have to be gorgeous it has to be what fits with him and will work.

• But how would I know he's not looking to replace her? He hasn't dated since her and he might still be in love with her cause she's gorgeous and perfect from what I've seen.

• True... She seems way more interesting than me though. It freaks me out a bit.

• Don't worry he is with u now and your probably more perfect to him than u realise

What Guys Said 8

• You need to feel happy about who you are that's the problem here. It's never good comparing yourself with other people, whether or not they make you feel better or worse about yourself.

Everybody has exes, it's a fact of life. To me they are just that, exes. The girl I am with is the one I have chosen.

• P. s. you might wanna cool it on the self congratulation about your looks, people don't like that shit.

• I didn't say be self deprecating! lol. It doesn't bother me personally, but I know other people don't like it. It was just a bit too loaded with the supermodel and exotic thing, it may be true, but being modest is the way forward. There are a lot of pretty girls out there with self esteem issues, this is definitely you. I'd recommend being single for a while and figuring yourself out.

Looking to guys for validation/reassurance or whatever is only ever going to end badly. If you're insecure, you'll become prey.

• yeah

• The worst thing you could do is be insecure about this in any way.
    The second best thing you could do is be confident, sassy and own your man. Show him that you think you're sexy and it's his loss if he goes back to his ex.

• And the best thing you could do would be a threesome with the ex. Sorry, had to say it, bro code ;)

• Well by the sounds of it you have confidence issues and you know it but what you have to realize is that it very simple, beauty is subjective. but if it was me, it wouldn't matter if you were an average looking girl, aslong as you have an awesome personality and were into me, you would have nothing to worry about. But thats me, i have enough integrity to not go with my ex while im in a relationship, you have to determine if he thinks the dame

• Stop comparing yourself to others. Learn to love yourself and others will love you.

• Most guys (myself included) are led by their peckers. To most of us as long as you are what he wants in bed you shouldn't have to worry about your looks at all!

• She's an ex now and is with you!! Don't worry about it

• I could be a way for him to get over her. I can tell he still has feelings. She's perfect and they have a matching tattoo.

• Have you ever met her? Maybe she is some crazy psycho hot chick? Why did they break up. As for the tatoo well people do stupid shit I wouldn't worry about it

• Kind of makes you wonder why they broke up, right? Why he would give up such a beauty

• It seems like you're the beautiful one

• How? not as much as someone who has more confidence

• I don't know it just seems like you are

What Girls Said 1

• Are you half black?

• half islander why

• You said you're exotic. You're half white and half pacific islander?