Why am I losing interest in my girlfriend?

I've been seeing this girl for about 5 weeks now. We're technically not a couple because she wants to take things slow, and I guess that's fine I'm not to worried about labels, but in how we treat each other we pretty much are. She's quick to tell me that her guy friends aren't her type, she initiates contact just as much if not more than I do, always says she doesn't care what we do when we go out she just wants to see me.

Everything is going really well. I had her over for a romantic homemade candlelit dinner a few days ago and we talked about how things are going and she said she's happy with things so far. For some reason though I've been losing interest in her since then. We normally talk on the phone or in person almost every day, but currently it's been about 5 days since we've talked for more than a few minutes.

I'm completely confident that I'm not interested in anyone else, and deep down I know I really care about her, but at the same time I'm not feeling motivated to pursue her. We do have a movie date coming up in a couple days, but movies aren't really great for conversation. Is it normal to feel like this? What should I do? Wait it out? Tell her? I saw her tonight at church but I couldn't help but feel that I wanted to avoid seeing her. I almost decided to just leave early so I could avoid her, but I didn't want to not see her either so I did stay, eventually talked with her for a few minutes after talking to maybe a dozen other people, and walked her to her car but didn't tell her I'd call her later or anything like that.

I'm so confused. Any advice for me?

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe what you have is just passion, no love really. Keep a distance for a while and see if you will miss her. If you do, call her then, Be sure about what your real feeling is.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's natural for you to end up feeling like this, she sounds quite aloof really. It's only been 5 weeks so it's not serious, but can you ever see it getting serious? Wait it out maybe, see if she's testing your metal but don't be strung along.