Girls, at what age is inexperience in relationships a turnoff?

I'm curious. I'm almost 25 and have had hookups, flings and a bunch of dates but no serious relationship or official girlfriend. I don't let it get me down or keep me from trying, but here's the thing a few of the girls I've met off dating sites and would ask me when my last relationship was and I lied saying it was 6 months to over a year ago.

I feel like it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Obviously, if i lied about it and they found out they might wonder what else i lied about. If I tell them the truth then they might think there's something wrong with me. Is it best just to say I've dated, but nothing serious?

I don't talk about it or make it known either, especially very early on. But that being said, would it be a red flag or dealbreaker if a guy you liked was 25 and never been in a relationship?

The thing is I've gone on plenty of dates and it's not like I'm trying to get with as many women as I can, but rather see who's the best fit and it's just never panned out.

Most Helpful Girl

• 25 is not that old, especially relationship-wise. You're still figuring yourself out. You could just say you've dated but haven't really had any serious or long term relationships. I wouldn't see it as a red flag and if the girl does, she might not be the type of girl you want to be with.

• That's true. I was a late bloomer and when I started having luck with women, only 2 girls called me out on being experienced then there were some who thought I was very experienced. I guess if they are that turned off then it says more about them then it does about me.

What Girls Said 7

• Each relationship brings an entirely new experience so no matter how experienced or inexperienced you are, it's going to be different with different people. As long as you remain on the same page and both put in equal effort to make the relationship last, I think you would be fine.

It would not be a red flag for me because some people just simply aren't ready to be in a relationship previously. Everyone does their growing/learning/soul searching in their own time. If you're now ready for a serious girlfriend, you're going to do what it takes to make it work, so just because you haven't been serious with anyone before doesn't mean you aren't capable of it now. You could say that you've dated in the past but never really wanted to settle down until now. It's honest and I truthfully see nothing wrong with it. There is much more involved in being a good boyfriend than just being experienced at relationships.

• True, each person is going to be different. I don't compare each girl to previous girls I've been with or dated and I certainly wouldn't want to be compared to someone's ex.

• Just be yourself, definitely don't lie that sets you off on the wrong path. not everyone you hook up with is relationship material. When you do meet that someone that you want to be serious with it shouldn't matter if you've never had a relationship.

• Nope, I wouldn't mind at all, inexperience doesn't bother me one bit.

... as long as you were honest from the start...
    as soon as you lie it proves you don't deserve my trust.

• Understandable. For the most part, my relationship history or lack of hasn't been asked about except for 2 girls. It's just on that pof site, there's a section saying longest relationship which shouldn't be there because it's making it seem that people should be judged by the longest relationship they had.

• Hmm, well I don't use dating sites, so I don't know what to tell you about that one :/ Having that feature seems kind of pointless.

although, when I start dating someone new, I always ask extensively about past relationships, hook-ups, and things of that nature. (Also, I willingly share about myself). I don't know, everyone is different, I like full disclosure about past and present from a partner. I'm honest, I like people who are honest. Don't see the need for the past to be a secret. It's already happened.

• I'm 21 and it wouldn't bother me that much

• doesn't matter to me really

• No... but I might be concerned/wondering if he's not interested in having a relationship or something. If he said he was open to one, he just hadn't found the right person yet or whatever, then that's fine. A simple conversation clears that up. Don't lie, though. That's setting things up for failure before anything's even begun.

• It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. Your past has nothing to do with me at all.

What Guys Said 1

• depends on the girl, but it seems for most girls, it is over age 25, but i'm sure there are girls out there that don't mind inexperience

• Yeah sometimes it's due to lack of opportunities. For example, when I was at community college, I started using dating sites because I was living at home and my college was rather anti social. Even after, I finished college, I had to use them because it's hard to meet women.

• Yeah much like how guys usually don't want a girl that everyone's had. That being said it's possible to be experienced without sleeping around.

• On the flipside of what you last said, I know guys who refuse to sleep with virgin girls because they think they're clingy. I guess it's a matter of personal preference.