Is it okay to date a 14 year old girl when im 16?

is it sociably aceptable please help me

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't have sex if you do date her. However, I'll give you some warning. When I was 17 I dated a 15 year old girl, it did not work well. Younger teenage girls are not mature about relationships and they want you to be a perfect knight in shining armor for them. So be careful.

• yeah okay i take this warning and no sex anyway and yeah i hope she doesn't do that with me

What Girls Said 7

• yeah its okay as long as you don't have sex

• I see nothing wrong with it unless you are planning sex with her.
    Most states will put guys in jail for that. They won't jail the girl though even though she is just as guilty. :(
    I am a little confused about this.
    I was 14 not that long ago.
    Don't do sex.

• yeah and nope i dont really bother with sex never really been interested and yeah and why are you confused what do i need to explain? and yeah not going to

• You are a nice, unselfish, guy.
      Where are all the others like you?
      :)

• haha thankyou and i think im the last of them haha

• Yeah, just don't have sex.

• good and naa im not into that stuff anyway

• cool... do it up... just be careful when you turn 18... this complicates things a bit

• If he's from the UK, the legal age of consent is 16.

• well then that's awesome!!! I see no problem here

• Yeah. The age thing has jailed so many guys.
      I just refuse to accept consensual sex as a statutory rape.

• Yes i was 14 and met my first boyfriend at the age 16

• It's fine as long as you won't do sexual things with her. If you ever do, then make sure to wear a condom.

• That's fine I've dated A boy that was 4 years older then me and if u do have sex use condoms.. They work trust me ;)

• yeah i dont see the problem with age differences as long as its not stupid like a 16 and a 30 year old and yeah haha i will use a condom haha

• Hahah of course she loves you and wants to do stuff..

• yeah haha and yeah i will wait

What Guys Said 6

• It's fine. You both have somethingTEEN in your age. It's acceptable. In the case of sex... Young people do it all the time. It is technically illegal and the males always get blamed for it (if someone does get blamed) but literally young people keep everything to themselves. So you'd have nothing to worry about.

But yeah. Your age is just fine. No one cares.

• in my opinion That's perfect fine.

• Sure of course, but if you ever have sex, ALWAYS use a condom.

• okay thanks man and yeah always will do

• It's on the cusp of being not ok. 14 is very young.

• yeah well im not dating her yet i just decided to ask just incase it was bad

• I think so so long as you keep everything nice and legal you will probably get some flack from your mates just ignore them good luck mate

• whatever floats your boat.