Ex bf asked me out for milkshake. Why does he want to meet?

My ex bf broke up with me 3 years ago or so. At the time, he said he wanted to remain friends, but I declined. He got really jealous when I started dating someone else after him.

Anyway, he recently asked for my number and we started talking a bit. He brought up the past a few times and even said he missed me.

He then asked me twice over the course of two weeks, whether I'd want to meet up and have a milkshake. (on our first date we had milkshakes)

Why is his motive in asking me out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Breakup doesn't mean they can't and don't Makeup and that it's Goodbye, my love forever. And with an "EX" that Marks his X in your softie serve spot yet, there is usually Motive and Opportunity if Given------Whether I'd want to meet up and have a milkshake.
    It's been '3 years ago' and still counting now, sweetie. And quite often there has been time to do some serious soul searching, and with the Missing the Kissing that goes along with the "He said, she said History, This could travel down the romance road two ways now.
    If he wanted to be these 'friends' before, there is a strong possibility he may want Buds again... however, with Benefits this time. And if Not, if he is serious this time about parading around the Mulberry bush to become two birds of a feather instead, then this is something you both would need to talk out, should this subject come up during one of your little get togethers.
    Either way, no matter how you slice the sweet cake, he is back in your life for a reason. And as you say 'he got really jealous before' and with this, i tis showing me he is territorial, that he still thinks in the back of his mind that he has delicious dibs on you yet.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• The last ex who asked me to drink something together wanted to borrow $500
    LOL

• Seems like he is regreting splitting up with you, Go forth with caution

What Girls Said 1