I am 19 and I have never been on a date , I've met men but it never goes far, do you think I should give online dating ago, or would you say I am too young?
Most Helpful Guy
If you're over 16 then you're old enough to start dating.
If you're NEW to dating I would take it a little slow because the second you taste online dating you're going to experience a LOT of attention you likely don't expect. Women seem to get WAY more contact then guys when it comes to online dating, especially if your photos are decent.
So I say this:
1) Yes, give it a go. It's fun!
2) Take it easy and be very selective.. don't jump at the first few guys out of desperation or impatience. There are GOOD guys out there and worth waiting for.
3) Online dating should be casual and easy. If you're ever feeling pressured by some guy, even if he seems pretty awesome, ignore him and move on to the next guy. If a guy you've just met isn't okay with what ever speed you want then imagine how terrible he's going to be once he's known you for months and months. Basically you call the shots in your dating life, so take it easy.
4) It's okay to have group dates. Something like, "Hey, you've been fun to chat with online and maybe it's time we meet up! I'm still new and nervous to online dating so how about you grab a friend and meet me and my girlfriend for drinks this weekend! It'll be casual but really fun!" Basically I'm saying you don't have to meet guys alone if you don't want to. It's totally okay to meet in groups.
5) I always found meeting for a 20 minute coffee date at a cool local bookstore was easy, casual, and low pressure! And more importantly it's way more safe for the woman.
I don't want to beat up on guys because some of us are pretty awesome, but there are always a few bad apples so keep yourself safe!!! Trust your gut and call all the shots.