Should I give online dating ago?

I am 19 and I have never been on a date , I've met men but it never goes far, do you think I should give online dating ago, or would you say I am too young?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're over 16 then you're old enough to start dating.

If you're NEW to dating I would take it a little slow because the second you taste online dating you're going to experience a LOT of attention you likely don't expect. Women seem to get WAY more contact then guys when it comes to online dating, especially if your photos are decent.

So I say this:

1) Yes, give it a go. It's fun!

2) Take it easy and be very selective.. don't jump at the first few guys out of desperation or impatience. There are GOOD guys out there and worth waiting for.

3) Online dating should be casual and easy. If you're ever feeling pressured by some guy, even if he seems pretty awesome, ignore him and move on to the next guy. If a guy you've just met isn't okay with what ever speed you want then imagine how terrible he's going to be once he's known you for months and months. Basically you call the shots in your dating life, so take it easy.

4) It's okay to have group dates. Something like, "Hey, you've been fun to chat with online and maybe it's time we meet up! I'm still new and nervous to online dating so how about you grab a friend and meet me and my girlfriend for drinks this weekend! It'll be casual but really fun!" Basically I'm saying you don't have to meet guys alone if you don't want to. It's totally okay to meet in groups.

5) I always found meeting for a 20 minute coffee date at a cool local bookstore was easy, casual, and low pressure! And more importantly it's way more safe for the woman.

I don't want to beat up on guys because some of us are pretty awesome, but there are always a few bad apples so keep yourself safe!!! Trust your gut and call all the shots.

:D

~ Robby

What Guys Said 8

• I personally hate online dating. I never had any luck, never really had any responses but it will be different for you, you're a girl, so you will get flooded with messages. Girls get flooded with messages on dating sites. Many girls get messages that contain pictures of body parts such as pen*ses and stuff like, I am guessing girls get that based on what I have heard girls say they get sent on ordinary sites like GAG that are not dating sites. I would imagine dating sites would be worse. Then there is also the problem of you really have no idea who you are talking to. You could be talking to anyone, for example if I messaged people I thought were girls on a dating site that lived in my area I could really be messaging a guy on the other side of the world without knowing it because he set up a fake profile. The same can happen to girls. Also keep in mind bars and nightclubs are also bad places for both genders to meet someone if they want a long term relationship. If you want to meet guys you are far better off to join a hobby club. For example say you like photography, you join a photography club, you get talking to a guy, you go out for coffee with him and then you become bf/gf. It is also easy to break the ice at a hobby club to because you are both there for the same reason so you can use that as a conversation starter. Most people that are in a meaningful relationship meet the person outside of dating sites, bars and night clubs and met the person in general everyday life.

• you're 19, you're not too young. but why no success with the local dating scene?

• Go for it. The worst thing that could happen is that you learn how to flirt better and talk to men and be more social. I do this i the real world and on the internet. It's my favorite hobby to flirt with all women, ugly, old, fat, gay men, trannys, even straight guys. It's just fun and you learn a lot about yourself and how to interact with other people.

• Is there a reason you find it hard to meet guys in "real life"? Are you too busy?

• At least practice. Get an older gal to mentor you.

• Sure why not?

• I don't know. You are pretty mature :)
    But I dont think the online dating works..

• Its great for women. almost useless for guys.

What Girls Said 0