What are the differences between a guy in his 20s and a guy in his early 30s?

im 23 and he's a young 31. I've never actually met him but we know a mutual friend over fb and going on a casual ice cream date together tomorrow. I feel like that must be boring to him when he could go do something more fun per say but just getting to know eachother it should be fine.
im really nervous. I like this guy.
How do I make him show that im different? Im going through everything he's been through. I have an almost 2 year old (which he seems to be ok a with) so I feel like that in itself makes me more nervous.
When I get nervous I get shy.
im different then most girls. Im not out to party and get wasted every night and im a deep, spiritual person with a bright look on life and have a lot to bring to the table but I only know what guys in their 20s are like. What have 30 something year old guys learned already that they didn't know in their 20s?
I just want to know what im getting myself into, otherwise im excited he's a great well rounded guy and thats why I care so much.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not much physically but emotionally and mentally he most likely is more experience, wiser, more responsible, takes less risks, smarter and more goal oriented.

What Guys Said 3

• well it has been proven that guys do not fully mature until they're 25. so there should be a huge difference

• Why would meeting a young attractive female who shows interest in getting to know you be boring? I think you can have a great time waiting in line if you two have a connection lol! As for the age gap some people never learn lesson no matter the age and some learn them lesson before they were 12. I'm sure what u think guys in their 20s are like is about 70% what he about. That other 30% I'm sure you can fake it right lol?

• Different stages in life. As in goals mind set and maturity. The older guy has most likely finished playing games and is more serious about the future

What Girls Said 1

• Thank you for asking this question! I've wondered this as well.