Would you be OK dating a performer (not a stripper) who receives a lot of male attention for what she does?

I'm a female metal vocalist as well as a sword swallower. During performances I generally wear a corset style dress that's a bit short in front but nothing too short however it still garners unsolicited male attention that was apparently too much for a guy I was interested in to handle. Is this going to be a common thing I should get used to? Do I need to just give up on dating until I'm no longer performing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea as long as i know she really loves me

• I mean I obviously don't know if I love someone from the start. Would you have an issue just starting a relationship with someone who does this?

What Guys Said 3

• Almost ALL the gals I've dated, bedded, married
    have been the object of male attention, if not focus.
    Yes, there are time when it seems slightly uncomfortable when all heads in a restaurant turn to stare at "us" or at socials, she gets kissed on both cheeks.

Your performance will make the good at heart shy ones steer clear but also attract the spoiled, privileged, entitled, womanizer threats (obviously) to make dating waters a bit more unproductive by comparison. I would say there is a man out there capable of dealing with all this - have met a Playboy playmate's BF on occasion - but on the other hand... Joe DiMaggio the man of his era couldn't handle Marilyn's show biz persona... research that.
    > The best you can do is to graduate your act to venues wanting long formal dress
    > use your free time to frequent nice guys places with which you have some interest (dance classes, church, volunteering/clubs like Chamber of Commerce, golf, tennis, swim teams)
    > have a night out with gal friends @ social areas to bump into guys - let the gals sort them out for you

• Depends on the man and his level of security.

• do you swallow "male swords"?

What Girls Said 1

• I've been trying to find someone to pass sword swallowing to me for the last year._. I don't see why not, I might start working in strip clubs doing fire performances. My romantic interest accepts it... It's way different than what you are doing.

• Yeah no strip clubs for me. I work with fire too :) its just that the sword swallowing tends to get the most comments from guys.