I live in a big city and I can't seem to date or meet any guy any advice?

is my only option only going to a bar? sitting alone and approachable? =/

Most Helpful Guy

• Library, activity clubs, gyms, observatories, hobby classes, after hour arts classes, parks, fishing, target practice, online dating, coffee shops, book stores.

Look, if men go there, you can meet them. The problem is not that there aren't any around. The problem is that either your too attractive and are intimidating, too homely and uninteresting, or else too picky or shy and won't approach men.

What Guys Said 8

• Why does finding a date or to meet a guy have to ALWAYS be at the bar? I've picked up girls at mall, the grocery store, concerts, the laundromat, parties, gym, while out for a run, school, school cafeterias/study hall, shit if there was ever a "Hall of Greatest Pickups then nominate me because I've gotten 2/3 numbers at the damn library! The bar is the absolutely LAST place I'll be looking for a gf material type girl. If I'm at the bar then I'm either looking for a mutual ONS but still that's like at a really good bar where I can see that the level of girls coming in, I don't need just any girl. Plus if I'm hitting up a seedy dive bar then I'm just having my scotch on the rocks to mull over my crap of a day. I suggest you seize EVERY moment as an attempt to flirt your ass of and see just how keen and receptive the guy is to your style of flirting. Don't need to over dress but a sensual casual doesn't hurt in trying to send out a little vibe for the right targets. Pursue the guys who actually give you the time to talk and not the dudes who blow you off. Why waste time, energy into someone whose not willing to be your flirtatious partner in crime?

• thanks that is some solid advice. i guess i need to go out more, im usually the woman on the run like i dont hang out alone im usually with friends, so i can go to a library and just make eye contact with a guy i see that i like from afar?

• @Asker - Sure, I actually like to go on "the prowl" by myself but having a wingman/woman cannot hurt your chances, but make sure your wing's game is on point nothing sucks when your in game mode and your wing is actually dropping the ball then you have to work 2x harder to make up for him and you. That's the point of prowling, to scope out the field and then plan your intro. Making eye contact may or may not be enough at the library because many people are too busy hitting the books.

• i think to meet legit guys looking for more than just a good time you probably should put bars down on the list. I'd say go to work happy hours, hang out with friends in social situations. cities have tons of museums, theater, and other social activities so there hopefully are guys around a lot

• I low rate bars + only attempt these with a group of gals that are skilled in blocking & culling out the weeds.
    Sports teams/classes are best, e. g. swim, dance, bowling, etc. as more social
    Ed./Bible/book/etc. Classes make all mates and social
    Volunteering to a community something or club or cause
    Churches are very social - have many activities
    Changing jobs to a more social place opens more after hours doors with your new employee friends

• Well you have to go out somewhere to meet people. I also live in a big city, there is barnes and nobles and other places you can hang out in. You can also try online dating.

• barnes and noble sounds like a plan! how do i start talking to a guy just eye contact?

• Yeah most barns and nobles have seating for multiple people, especially where i am from. Because they all have Starbucks. But yeah eye contact and a smile always helps.

• Just repeating what others have said. Going to the bar is the WORST way to meet new guys!

• what city u from

• Try online dating.

• You in NY?

• yea lucky me right...

• Ah, yeah, a Megalopolis. Can't stand New York teams, though they helped us get in to first place on Monday, when the Jets beat the Steelers

What Girls Said 0