Would you date someone with a criminal record?

Why is a record the new target of hate. First it was race, then sexuality. Now its the one thing you can't see on the outside. Why would it matter? please leave out your comments on the more grotesque crimes. Of course you wouldn't date a pedifile or rapist.

Most Helpful Guy

• It would really depend on the crime.

If it was a single, stupid DUI on her 21st birthday, it wouldn't be a big deal.

If she was convicted of murdering her last husband for the insurance money, then I would file that under "red flag" and run away very quickly.

What Girls Said 7

• How dare you try to trivialise the struggles of different races and sexualities.

Your mindset is disgusting. Race and sexuality are not a CHOICE unlike crime, and being black or gay doesn't actually harm anyone.

Stop making excuses and own up to the consequences of your own actions.

You are not a victim.

• Your opinions suck. Second time you try to down me. Your just fat and mean. So cliche.

• How long should I sit in regret I served 4 straight years and even have 2 years left of parole 5 years total. I'm still paying for a crime, in which I hurt noone.

• Remorse =/= moping. It means you accept the consequences of your actions instead of bitching about people judging you for said actions. Those actions were yours, not anyone else's.

• i would depending on what he did. however a criminal record, in some cases can bar you from employment opportunities and cause u to be stagnant in life and poor. not too many girls who are winners want a guy who pretty much can't do anything with his life bc of his past criminal history.

• Anything that would make me feel at possible danger if he got upset or if we were down and out on our luck together...

I wouldn't date him.

• You know boys I have done some time -.- I was a pretty hardcore Jaywalker. . . I don't know if i can fit into society anymore, time has changed me.

LOL no but like everyone else said depends on the crime and how much they have learned and change from the experience. I wouldn't throw it on me on the first day but once I got to know the person and the relationship was secure i would want to know all about the person.

• most of the people i have dated have had criminal records, i guess its the fact that i personally like guys that have the bad boy thing. but i really dont have a problem as long as the relationship doesn't get abusive

• I have dated a few people with criminal records

• I did, for a while. Besides minor theft as a teen it was a major offense. I think he almost killed someone when he was twenty due to tripping out off
    a spiked drink.

What Guys Said 6

• You nailed it. It depends on the crime and true repentance. The crime must be of a nature that's not shocking to the conscience. And is the person really sorry about the action or just sorry that he got caught? In the end, it's a matter of if you can live without fear with the person.

• I would, I have no problem with it.
    I know in Canada if you have a criminal record of any kind. It will make getting a passport very difficult. If not impossible

• If it was white collar than i guess i would.

• It depends what the crime was and the circumstances. Victimless crimes don't bother me.

• Nah, I like good girls!

• depends on the crimes. If they had a record for marijuana possession or something dumb and understandable I won't care. If its something that makes me constantly think about it in the back of my mind then I probably won't go for it.