GIRLS - Why do girls always seem to go for assholes?

Girls complain out about how guys are assholes to their nice guy friends, saying they wish they wish they could find a nice guy to be with or a nice guy who likes them and never seem to click that the nice guy their are looking for is the one they friend-zoned and bitch about guys to. It drives me nuts

Most Helpful Girl

• we're use to it and the min a good guy treats s right we think he's doing it just to get in our pants and it sad really and sometimes we just think we don't deserve good guys for various reasons or simplys wecannot handle their acts of kindness ):

• why did you choose most helpful so soon? also she only gave you the answer that you wanted to hear and not the actual real answer.

• I wasn't saying women were stupid I was just stating my actual thoughts. DUE TO THE FACT I AM ONE OF THOSE GIRLS BUT I ADMIT IT and have started to stop pitting myself and change myself and the people who pursue me and who I pursue and its made all the difference in the world. if you're so butthurt over the fact he simply chose MH that's your problem I literally just spoke what came to my mind and that was all. its the truth and girls do victimize themselves not all but many and it isn't right

• Yeah the reason is not women being stupid, its him being given a reason to classify himself as a "good guy" and attract pitty for HIMSELF for having "bad guys" ruin his chances. This "saying" gives him an excuse to blame "assholes" as the reason he can't get a girl... thats why he liked it.

What Girls Said 13

• why do young people work at minimum wage hourly jobs, fast food, walmart, any retail store, when having a career with a salary, paid vacation, and weekends off is so much better?

you have to start somewhere.

how else would you gain experience?

just think about it, you are not really going to know if someone is an asshole or a cheater or a lying bitch untill you spend time with them and get to know them and it isn't untill you have experience, learn about yourself as well as other people that you are able to know what you want and then you will go after it.

just like when you get your first job at age 17 working at mcdonalds making $7/hour and you are super excited about the job untill you realise that it sucks and that you could be making way more money doing something else.

chances are the first person you date, whether you are a guy or a girl is not going to be the one that you live happily ever after with. Dating is a learning experience and it is all about getting to know someone. The one that you do best with is going to be the one that you want to marry. That means you will end up getting to know a lot of people before you end up with before you figure out which one you do best with. People dont just start off dating the person they will marry and then marry them. Havnt you noticed that the ones that do only date one person and then marry them in their early 20's always end up getting divorced before the age of 25? And then after they divorce, they are dating someone else, which just goes to show that people really can't know what they want when they are inexperienced.

you can't know good without the bad.

• It's not that we automatically go for jerks, but it's more that the 'nice guy' isn't our type for whatever reason. People have their own preferences. Doesn't have to be anything wrong with your looks or personality that made you not her type, it could be something as simple as she tends to go for red headed gamers when you are a dark-haired party animal or a blond surfer. Doesn't make you better or worse than her type, it just means you are not what she is personally looking for at the moment.

There is more to attraction than just being 'nice' Everyone has the capacity to be nice at least some of the time, it shouldn't be the only thing you bring to the table. Just telling it like it is. Go date that 'nice' girl that you are not attracted to for whatever reason just because she is nice. Tell me how that works out for you.

• Your post is worthy of your tag! For you to be 30 years old talking like that is pretty scary! I'm an older nice guy. You said:

"Go date that 'nice' girl that you are not attracted to for whatever reason just because she is nice. Tell me how that works out for you."

You seem to be a little bit confused! An actual nice guy would NEVER classify a girl as "unattractive" simply because she is "nice". In this context, "nice" has nothing to do with a girl being "unattractive". You may mean a girl who is physicaly abnormal as in extremely fat, disfigured, missing limbs, etc. The nice guy might wish to limit himself to physically normal average girls. But these are the ones who are rejecting him in the first place! So he can't just date a "nice" girl unless you're suggesting kidnapping!

• I don't. I like my nice guy friend.

• It's a really hard situation to answer. I feel the same way about guys, they fall for the popular girls and leave the unpopular, nice girls in the dust. I'm used to being the one who gets friend zoned so I can't tell you why it happens. I know that sometimes we don't want to risk losing the great friendships we have with our friends so that's why we go for others. I don't know if this helps at all.

• Most of the time with girls we tend to follow for the looks first instead of the persona because don't really know the gut well enough to know what he's like. Then later n down the line when you've gotten to know that guy and you fin out that he's the biggest ass hat in the universe it usually too ate. I mean it takes a while to loose a crush. You don't get to choose who you fall in love with most of the time we just fall and there's no safety net to catch us so when we fall, we fall. And we fall hard.

• I agree, and I usually do tend to fall for those guys! o: I think it may be their confidence that attracts me? u_u However, if you're a nice boy but you make the first move, then Ill probably fall for you as well! :) Umm, its not about being mean or nice... just about confidence! :) Good luck! o:

• They don't start out as assholes, they start out as a good prospect, but once they get comfortable with a girl they start to do shitty things and by then a girl is just too emotionally attached to just dump him :/ vicious cycle!

• Because they want someone who they are attracted to

• I completely agree most girls do this all the time, but dont even realise it. However not all girls are like that some of us actually do like nice guys, you justhave to keep looking

• i personally have always been with guys that are more of the badass type. i really dont know why i have, i think that its that good girls like bad boys. when we really shouldn't be anywhere near them. there is just something about that asshole to me that just makes me go crazy. but it really depends on the girl and what she prefers. i have friends that think i am 100% stupid for going with those kinds of guys and others that are jealous of me. it really depends on the girl.

• Because assholes pretend to be nice guys and women fell easily which makes them look and feel stupid after being played by assholes...

And may I ask too, why do guys always seem to fall for bitches? There are a lot of decent girls who are nice but they go for those bitches and later on complain about their crazy behavior and oftentimes conclude that they just want something like money from guys... and when a decent girl comes along, they are already afraid, thinking that she's only after for something like those bitches they encountered.. -It drives me nuts too

• Sounds more like a stereotype... and the guy who likes the girl ALWAYS finds a way to make out the guy the girl likes to be an asshole.
    Example, I liked a guy, super nice, a little nerdy and told my guy friend about it (didn't know he liked me yet) and he said the guy was an asshole for the dumbest reasons.
    "he won't make a move on you because he's a jerk"
    "he asked to borrow a dollar because he's a dick"
    it's more like you friend zoned guys are finding any reason you could possibly be better than the guy she likes instead. and btw- one you get into a relationship you won't be perfect all the time. you will do assholey things at one point because we all do. it doesn't make you an asshole.
    and just because you're nice doesn't mean you're dateable

• they tend to be better in bed.

What Guys Said 3

• Because you're at the age where most people haven't matured enough yet, both men and women, to make good relationship choices. There's a very different mentality between a 20 year old and a 25 year old as far as what they are looking for in a partner. Give it some time, and things will work out. AND DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS TO PEOPLE. It just makes you look immature - be the better person and laugh to yourself at the shallow relationships that are happening, and know that none of them will last.

• First lesson is that you are at fault if you are in the friendzone. Second lesson is that girls like confidence. The 'assholes' usually have confidence,

• Assholes are ALPHA MALES, Nice guys are Beta Males.
    Almost like Batman (Alpha) and Robin (Beta).
    Assholes lead and nice guys follow.
    Alpha males get first pick and Beta males get what's left over in sexual selection.
    But the truth comes down to dominance and submissiveness.
    Women who like assholes (alphas) are ones who want to be dominated. There are also female alphas, as well, who do the dominating, but alpha male and alpha female combinations exists as well.