Is it weird to ask a girl out via Facebook?

I recently met a girl and have talked with her at a couple of parties, but didn't get her phone number (at both parties we were in a group of friends, and it seemed like it'd be weird to get her number with everyone around). I had a pretty good conversation with her at the last party, then added her on Facebook (she confirmed the request).

Would it be weird to send her a message on Facebook to ask her out? Normally I would just call a girl, of course, but unfortunately I didn't have a good opportunity to get her number.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you both frequent the same parties often, just ask if she wants to smoke a butt, or get some fresh air to snag some alone time... then let her know you are interested or ask for her number.

This is actually similar to my own relationship... My boyfriend and I went to a lot of the same parties and had a lot of friends in common, so he added me on Facebook and then would just chat with me about random things and found out a few of my interests. Then he invited me to a basement show/party that was coming up and I met him there, and since then (about a year ago) we've been together!!!

What Girls Said 3

• Do you have an opportunity to seebher face to face? Because it's weak to ask someone out via technology. If you want to make an impression ask her to her face with flowers.

• Well instead of asking her out via facebook, you can ask for her phone number, and then call her and tell her you want to run into each other again, it's better to ask her face to face but who knows when that will be again.

• Nope, I wouldn't find it weird.

What Guys Said 0