How do I get my boyfriend to pay more attention to me?

My boyfriend plays xbox live all the time with his friends online and pays no attention to me I don't know what to do because he says he loves me and I love him we have been dating for 2 months

I have been doing my own thing and it don't seem to matter I have tried to talk to him it goes in one ear and out the other or he ignores me so it's like talking to a wall I told him I love dating a wall and he says I love you and ur important I said well show me u do put the game down and he said give me a min five hours later I'm trying to find something to do by my self I have tried cuddling he gets mad I have tried to play he gets mad cuz it splits the screen I don't wanna give up though

Most Helpful Girl

• start doing things without him. once you get a life outside of him, your interest level in him will drop and at that point you can either move on to a guy who treats u better, or he will realize he's about to lose you and pay more attn to you

What Guys Said 5

• Hmm, I don't know the guy but it's either an oversight on his part or he's just a crap boyfriend.

A lot of people on here have unresolved issues in their relationships due to lack of communication, it's said time and time again. It's difficult to put it on the line when the view your SO has really matters to you. But talking to the guy is the only way to solve the problem. If he's a good guy he'll care how you feel and prioritize your happiness. If not he'll brush you off and carry on.

Women always see the guys they're with through rose tinted spectacles, make excuses for them and stay in unfulfilled relationships remaining unhappy. Don't be one of those women.

• To most guys, video games is a lifestyle. I understand your concern and there are ways.
    If you start playing video games too and genuinely take interest in it without his help actually get decent and understand how video game mechanics work. He'll be all over you. On top of that, you will start enjoying playing them yourself. I'm not saying to binge on gaming, I'm saying for you to get interested in gaming.

• If girls are willing to go out with guys like this adn stay with him/ love him it makes me wonder why I can't even get close to getting a gf.

• Sounds like you need to dump him to be honest. You deserve someone who treats you like you are the most important thing in his life.

• Walk around naked.

What Girls Said 1

• Same problem here except mine seems a little lighter. I've been thinking about dumping him but we've made it through a week so I'll give him more time if he doesn't change we obviously need to talk.