Is it wrong for the girl to take the first step and ask a guy out?

And if its fine, how do I ask this guy I like out? Its practically impossible to get him alone and I am not sure if i can ask him out in front of other people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehh, no. Whomever tells you that needs to take a frigin good look at society, because that idea was thrown out of the window a decade ago (at least). But most likely it'll be seen as a good thing, and as a proof you're really interrested, and not just in it for the perks (that's how we guys feel if the girl's passive all the time)
    How do you ask him out? well, welcome to a guy's life. That's the ethernal dilemma. And the only answer to that is "whenever you're ready". You will ALWAYS find excuses to ask him out, so you just got to push the excuses aside and move in for the kill.

What Guys Said 5

• Nope, it's fine. Hell, in the spirit of true equality it's sexist that a guy is expected to make the first move, or that a woman is expected to wait for a guy to make a move.

• No it is not wrong. In fact in a lot of cases if you wait for him to ask you, it will never happen.
    As far as getting him alone. I can't help you there.

• Give him a note or exchange email's. Just do it. If you have a crush the date will be the acid test. If he rejects the date he will reject the crush confession most likely. Date him a few times and you can better judge interest.

• Absolutely not. While I like some traditionalism, one part I don't like is "the guy has to do the asking".

• I would be honored for sure.

What Girls Said 2

• I asked my boyfriend out, he loved it. In fact it's been a month but sometimes he still brings it up and tells how happy he was.

• No there is nothing wrong with it. sometimes guys like it when you take the initiative