Attractive people: What is life like for you?

I have always wondered this. For people who are physically attractive, how do you feel about the ease with which you can date, because people of the opposite gender are attracted to you? Are you happy about it, or do you feel privileged about being born with good looks? Are you glad that people of the opposite gender compliment you about your looks so often, and want to date you? Does this improve your self confidence, and motivate you to be successful in other aspects of life too?

As a 29 year old guy who has never been liked by a female in his entire life because I'm supposedly not 'physically attractive', I have always wondered what would life be like for physically attractive men and women. I'd appreciate valuable inputs.

Most Helpful Girl

• It definetly gives you pluses in life, however when dating its very hard to get people to see past the looks and actually find out what I'm like. I like to think that my personality is much more amazing than looks. So I preffer when a guy pays attention to that. However that doesn't mean I don't a ppreciate a compliment onece in a while.

• Thanks for the answer.
      But the thing is, good looking people at least have the chance of being noticed by people of the opposite gender. In case of average or below average looking people, even if they have an amazing personality, their looks act as a barrier to being noticed so all doors are virtually closed on them.

• Thank you so much! :)

• Glad I could be of use :)

Most Helpful Guy

• This question should be directed purely at guys, because unless you are really attractive, you simply don't get girls being forward with you. Where as with girls the results can be largely inaccurate because of the nature of men, we'll complement any woman if we're horny enough, and most guys complement any woman. In the Uk you get girls who are well below 5/10 on looks being ballooned to believe they are 9/10's simply due to over zealous guys.

Now, i get a lot of girls vying for my attention, i grew up as the ugly duckling in my eyes so i can't say i see myself as serious attractive physically... but spiritually, i know i have a very powerful pull about me that most women find hard to stay away from. Let us not confuse honesty with ego btw.

As your self confidence improves, you become more attractive to women, the more women find you attractive, the more motivated you are to improve your self confidence and knowledge base. It's cool, but like with all things, it's novelty fades.

What Girls Said 7

• I went through a serious ugly duckling phase before I grew into my looks, so I've been on both sides of the fence. I'd say I'm definitely treated better now that I'm more conventionally attractive, but the downside is now I find myself second guessing people's intentions. Before when I was less attractive I knew that guys genuinely liked me for my less tangible traits, and now I tend to be a bit more skeptical.

• I feel like this question is somewhat transparent. We all have our ideas of what physical attraction means, and society tells us what we should/shouldn't find attractive. Just be mindful that in different parts of the world physical attraction varies greatly, and what may be considered unattractive here could be extremely attractive there.

I've never really felt like anything special when people compliment my physical attractiveness. I'd much rather someone compliment my mind/intellectual abilities, the art/music I create, and the type of person I am.

Quite frankly, it gets tiring to be focused on for such shallow reasons.

• Thanks for your response! Much appreciated! :)

• @sunshinemoonbeam, yes I meant compliments on physical attractiveness (hot, fine, sexy, beautiful, etc.) but I was wondering who was complimenting you. you said it gets boring after a while when strangers compliment you, how about friends or people you know?

• @evo220 No, it doesn't get boring. I guess mainly it just gets tiresome. I think it's all circumstantial... and depends on the environment. If I'm walking down the street or out, it's not attractive for people to cat call. If a guy approached me and was genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person that'd be different. If it comes from people I know it means a lot more to me... because they know me as a person, they know me on a deeper level and can see past the surface.

• Personally I have horribly low self esteem yet men are constantly telling me I'm beautiful. I have big boobs and a curvy body. Majority of the times guys just want to fuck. None of them want to "wife" me or do right by me. Or else they're approach and compliments would be respectful. I have a big problem believing anything the opposite sec says.

• Why would you direct a question to "attractive" people if we do not know if we at attractive to you? Lol smh

• I dont feel anything special except people would be extra nice or keep staring
    Not a lot of dates tbh

• I'm not saying I'm attractive but I always receive compliments from guys and they always want to go on dates with me. Yes, it's overwhelming. It's flattering. Sometimes it's hard. Like for me, I always have a hard time turning down the guys I don't like to date.

• I get told I'm beautiful alot. Guys stare at me alot. I have a crush on this guy who everyone likes and he likes me but he won't approach me because I'm very aloof with him. I can't go up to him because I'd look stupid. I feel sad that some girls want to be my friend because their crush thinks Im hot or they hate me because of it.. my guy teachers flirt with me, and even stare at me while their teach. One day I was taking a test and my teacher was legit staring at me, and when i looked up he looked away really fast, I got a 100 but I got a lot of answers wrong. I'm only 16 so I' haven't een far in life haha

• Wow. At least ur aware. Just don't let it get to your head.

• I dont think I am tho haha. So it never will :)

What Guys Said 10

• Meh.

I spend most of my life these days in my office that's separated from other people. Then I go home to my house in order to further separate myself from people. To which I spend the rest of my time on my home gym or learning some weird as life skill that I'll probably never use (Cooking, Web Coding, 3rd Language, etc).

• I went through an ugly duckling phase too !

It lasted from 14 to 17 and no girl had an interest in me , I was short , had many zits , a high-pitched voice , and no one took me seriously... I got bullied a lot... Still have mental scars from this time... But now I have the impression that it's getting better and better ! And now I get attention from girls , but need to be careful with what I say , because when you're good-looking you're more likely to be seen as arrogant.

• may i guess who are you?

• I don't know because i haven't known anything else. I really don't care about being attractive and i don't believe that it has any affect on my career or my personal out view of anything.

• Alright, thanks for your input! :)

• Hmm, it is subjective. I'm sure some girls find me attractive while others do not. Their are some a majority would agree is attractive but its not like anyone has it easy.

• i get told im hot by girls all the time and that my smile makes them crazy... lol sometimes i wonder why my smile makes them crazy.. but never the less life is good :)

• i use to be the good looking guy. its like people favor you over others and it helps you gain confidence.

• Lucky you!

• gold diggers are plentyfull... i dated one and theyre usually hot and sexy. good lukc buddy

• Thank you! :)

• I don't know but i get a lot of girls talking to me getting close to me and then some of them would be like walk away

• Life in general is not any easier.

• It's good but then I stand up and girls see I'm short but when I wear lifts in boots at the clubs i get hit on heaps i was 3-4 inches taller life would be fantastic

• That's unfortunate. Some thing like a short height, an ugly face (I have both of these) etc. can never be changed. :(

• Dude, I don't even have a 'standard' to drop! All i ask for is a woman with kindness and sincerity. Is this too much?

• Confidence man. And good posture hit the gym and pay for a trainer , plus smell good , have a haircut every 4 weeks max. Nice good fitting clothes. Look happy be happy girls see a happy guy and think his life must be good. If they see a sad guy they are more likely to reject you