Is it a turn off when a girl disagrees with your opinion on a date?

Say about things like food, pets , weather, little things, nothing personal. I usually speak out my mind and we have these little debates, they're usually funny, with the guy I'm dating.

This doesn't happen every time but once in a while but the guy just doesn't give up and keeps trying to prove he's right so I'm wondering if its a turn off when a girl debates with you? Should I just let him be right?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind a friendly debate at all as long as it's not just stubborn arguing up for the sake of arguing

What Guys Said 2

• Guys want to be right. To be wrong with a girl is weak and embarrassing. But genuinely may feel right.

• I don't like debating the girl I am dating. I don't mind disagreements, but I don't think things should end up as a debate.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as it's on silly subjects and if it's like a funny disagreement , I don't see why would he be turned off. If he can't handle a small disagreement , how will the relationship work for example when a contradiction/fight (on subject, not violence) will happen?(because there's no perfect relationship). We all have ideas, opinions and things like "I like dogs, I hate cats" and vice-verse for your date shouldn't be an impediment. I personally don't like if a person tries to convince me of their taste, beliefs etc, which is why I don't mind a difference of opinion. As for more "complicated" disagreements, on subjects that really matter, it shouldn't turn into a debate, both parts should learn to listen to each other, understand where they're coming from and find a solution/compromise and also respect the other person's opinion.

• Opinions are just that, there is no right answer, only what is right for you, who ever can't accept that isn't worth the time anyway.