Are interracial relationships really worth trying to work hard to get?

As a Latino male, I've always secretly had a thing for Asian women but I don't know if it really even worth a huge chunk of my lifetime to even try it with Asian women because of HUGE cultural differences and I certainly do know that either Asian parents dislike the idea of interracial relationships and marriages or just most Asian people don't like to leave outside of the culture and try to preserve it by staying within their own kind. Nothing wrong with that or anything but just saying.

Am I beating myself up too much for this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it is really sad to not even try. I get looking at cultural differences and all, but a great love you've got to be willing to throw your soul into it. No matter who you end up with. The guy I'm involved with, his niece is Vietnamese and Mexican. She's only 2 and she knows spanish, vietnamese and english! Both families tried really hard to make things work, but at the end it was really up to the two lovers. Anyway, you'll never know for sure without trying.

• Is the niece Vietnamese from her maternal side or paternal side? Just asking this out of curiosity since I happen to be a Mexican-American guy here currently falling for a Vietnamese girl (having a crush on her) in my college class, who I am currently friends with. What a coincidence her, lol.

• *here*

• Father Mexican and Mother Vietnamese. You're right what a coincidence lol

What Girls Said 4

• inter racial relationships can be awesome just like they can be a pain in the ass... i'm telling you this due to past experience

• my parents are old fashioned but open minded. they have always supported me in whatever endeavor i take. maybe it applies to some. but in these times, it is not really a big deal anymore. so if you fancy a cute Asian girl, just let her know how you feel. the worst thing you are going to get is a no. :)

• latina/os are inter-racial. you're mixed with spaniard, native, sometimes African and sometimes asian. I have a bunch of hispanic friend that if you didn't hear them speak you would think they were Asian by the way they. so, who cares. go for what you're attracted to.

• Not really. Your idea is true but only in the ancient times. Hehe. Many Asians have interracial relationships nowadays. But yes, ur idea is still practiced until today, but only by a very few number of people.

What Guys Said 1

• I think it depends on the Asian woman. Not all are oriental influenced.

That said I haven't got one to like me yet XD