My friend kissed me while drunk after a year of flirting

We were at our friends' housewarming party, we had been drinking. At this point in time, my friend was "talking" to another girl who was at the party and I guess they had been "talking" for a couple of months now. He was drunk and suddenly said to me "I feel like crap about this" while pointing at the girl. We walked away and started talking and he just kept repeating the same thing. I said "I don't know what you're talking about" and he said "oh, so you don't care about me?" All if a sudden, he kissed my cheek and then my lips. I was pretty shocked but excited. For about a year, I was this guy's supervisor but we had become close friends. We spent a lot of time together, he would stop by my apartment and my office often just to say hello. One day, he even found this place that sold my favorite dessert and took me there as a surprise. We each paid for our of own thing so it was not a date, right? I am very oblivious about this kind of thing so I don't know what anything means. We also spent New Year's Eve together and over a break we did a lot of cooking and just hanging out.

So anyhow, he kissed me outside of our friends' apartment. Then, I took him inside the apartment because he was being annoying drunk outside. As we walked in one of the rooms, he started kissing me again. I asked him "what about this other girl?" and he said "there's nothing there" and we just kissed. Our other friend came in the room and we stopped, the girl ended up finding out about it and I just left because I was just overwhelmed with emotions.

It has been about 2 weeks and we have not talked about it. We chatted online one time but it had nothing to do with it. This guy is very private and emotionally damaged, so I do not know if I should ask about it or just let it go. I just want to know what it means because I truly have feelings for him and I want to know if I should just move on or do something about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a tough situation, but I have learned that whatever a guy does drunk, is not meant to be taken seriously. The sad truth is, if he has not said anything to you while sober, he's not ready to. And if you really think about that, a guy who wants to be with a girl will show signs. Drunk men are similar to horny dogs.

If you look at your past and all the men you've met, has there ever been a guy (who wanted to be with you) who didn't make it known in a meaningful way? Translation...You will intuitively know when a guy wants you/likes you. If you are unsure, and confused by signs, it's because it's not mutual.

This doesn't mean that it will never be, but I think your best move is to not ask. Leave it in the past and continue to just enjoy the friendship. If he tries to drunk kiss you again, make sure you pull away and ask him what he's doing? And talk to him about it the next day when he's sober. Put your feelings on the table and make a decision together about how you are going to move forward with this. It's either friends ONLY, or you explore dating.

The best cards us girls have, is to pull back, think about the situation, and plan our next move carefully and wisely.

What Guys Said 2

• I didn't even read the body of this. The headline alone was enough to warrant this answer. Drunk = guys will kiss and make out with about anything decent. Sorry...just the truth. I made out drunk with a girl I wouldn't give my phone number or talk to if I was sober. Sometimes it is just the right drink, right time, right place.

• i agree with benny, too long but honestly to take advantage of you drunk by even a kiss means he's not someone you can fully trust all the way

What Girls Said 2

• You both love each other and even though you are both very emotional about what has happened recently, including the fact he's emotionally damaged from his own situation, the best thing you can do is be for him until he feels more stable and ready to initiate a relationship with you.

I think you should work on being there for him as a friend and let it build up from there, because as he's a private person when sober, you may be able to get closer to him to talk about the situation later on to resolve it. For now it may not be a good time, but nothing can stop you from being friends for now until that can devlop further, as from what you stated you both get along very well together.

• Talk to him about it. Just do it.