As a shy girl, how should get myself out there and meet guys?

I have soon much trouble talking to people, even just with making friends. The people I want to interact with i totally clam up around... how can I loosen myself up and become more secure about myself so that I can start making interactions and forming relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• jus wait for the right people to come try nd talk to u.. u shouldn't have to put an effort to get people to like u

What Guys Said 3

• Ar u shy or introverted. There is a difference im a introvert im not shy so im not scared of interacting with people its simply not fun 4 me. A lot of people out there don't under stand the difference. They will tell u ur shy. If u get told somethin enough u will start to think it. I know caus i thought i was shy 4 a while. If ur an inni like me i can help if ur shy id have to think about it.

• thats really insightful, yeah i would say that I'm more introverted... its not that I'm scared of talking to the people exactly.. its kind of a security issue where I'm worried about what I'm saying and how they will take it. But yeah, I totally agree that people telling you your shy just kind of pushes you into being that even more... my least favorite thing is when people are like "Erika, talk less" sarcastically. They probably mean no harm but its hurts. I would love any advice you have though, thanks so much!

• Gday inni m8 sorry it took so long to get back to u. Ain't been here long still not sure what im doing. I got more comfortable with small talk by practicing. Shops worked 4 me check-out chiks and sales staff. It helped to take the pressure off. Remember the customer is always right. Any how if u have more questions about introvert hit me up.

• You need practice. Talk to every single one of them as practice. It should make you less nervous

• I know this sounds dumb, but I really don't know how..

• haha okay :) thanks

• Not a problem happy to help

• How about you just stick to your books and education.

• Lol you describe me I'm probably the only 22yr old who hasn't had a boyfriend or has a social life but at the same time I feel like I accomplished a lot.

• @Marimar2012 - actually there are a lot of girls out there who've never had a bf and are the nerdy type lol

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe hang out with your friends - learn from them or just talk to guys in your class based on subjects you like to grow your confidence