Why do I get really cold and act uninterested in guys I REALLY LIKE?

I just do this subconsciously.. Ill avoid them, avoid eye contact with them, send them really short texts and eventually they will think i am not interested ugh.
I can't stop doing this for some reason.

Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're scared. You're scared of putting your heart on your sleeve, and taking a chance. It happens to us all. We therefore, try to push those people away, before they can hurt us. Basically, you've probably been hurt before, and want to make sure it doesn't happen again, which is unfortunate because you wind up pushing away the wrong guys

• You're definitely right.

How do I stop doing this?

• I guess so and I guess cause i've been hurt before and don't trust guys :S but i'll definitely work on that

• Good luck

What Guys Said 5

• sorry i'll be honesy but... i believe you chicken out in front of them :-P

• Well than that's your problem, if you LIKE him then put yourself out there little by little. I felt the same way and did the same thing towards a girl months back and it didn't turn out well in the end. Now I have interest in this other girl I met couple of weeks ago and I'm starting go by slow so she knows that I like her and it's paying off for now at-least...

Good luck.

• Its probably because you get nervous. Just take a couple deep breaths before meeting them.

• You want them to fight for your attention even though you want them to think you're uninterested.

• u are scared off them or scared of ur true feelings

What Girls Said 1

• OMG THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME! I think it's just that I get defensive when I'm nervous, so I start acting really cold. Maybe it's the same for you. I had it so bad that one guy I liked thought that I hated him. That was a really depressing day for me... The thing I've found that works for me is just to try and talk to them the way you would to one of your friends.