Do Asian guys prefer to date within their culture? Why/ Why not?

Sorry to be narrow by saying Asian
I meant as in Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Chinese...
I'm extremely attractive to them but it seems as if they only date within their culture or tend to stick with it :/
I'm Mexican American if it helps

Most Helpful Girl

• Culture is very important for asians. They're very traditional and you might get a cultural shock once you go to one of his/her family gatherings.
    If you date Asian then you gotta be willing to accept his culture and be a part of it.

I'm engaged to one and nethless to say sometimes it's a little overwhelming when we go to his grandparents when a vacation is going on.
    I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who do not speak my language and the women are the ones who are supposed to cook and clean for preparation all day long. On these holidays. So I have to help too. And while for us westerners that might be sexist in Asian culture gender roles still exist. So you have to live with that too.

I'm learning Korean now because it's impossible to get married with a Korean and not being able to communicate with his parents. You marry the whole family here not just your lover

What Guys Said 4

• I'm Asian and i personally don't care about ethnicity. The Families OF the significant person would most likely care though. Especially if their families weren't originally from America. It's for the convienence that the families don't have to change their culture or have to welcome one that isn't familiar with it. Also the cool idea that the family can talk in a foreign language with his girlfriend. Basically, Asian guys would want their families to feel good about who they are dating so it would be nice dating someone of the same culture and ethnicity. BUT either way, black, Asian, white, Mexican, if you have a really good connection with him and you guys really connect, none of that would really matter. In conclusion, dating people within the same culture is something convienent, but won't matter at all; it will just depend on your personality and the connection.

• I don't have an opinion of this but interested to know too in terms of just race in general. This girl I like is south-korean and so far things are great because she seems to accept me the way I am (I am mixed Asian and African).

I also learnt from her that North Koreans don't interact or at-least date anyone outside other than their own culture. Depends I guess, some people have parents who have their set traditional standards.

• Usually the Asian guys want to but don't think they have a chance, also their is the family; some adian parents want their kids to date in their own culture. The Asian guys that do date out of their culture are usually have better social skills, and are different from the other American born asian. It like kpop stars, fit and good looking are already taken;

• Are you attracted to Indian Asians?

What Girls Said 3

• I think that yeah culturally they tend to stick with their own race but also culturally they tend to be less outgoing (if that makes sense, I don't have a word lol) but if you approach them and give it a go I'm sure they won't be uninterested. Have you seen the YouTube channel 'justkiddingfilms'? The Korean guy dates a Mexican American!

• They do, but it can be complicated. They are like normal guys. What my friends said is that they are normally the last guys girls go for other than those with their cultural background. Also can be the language barrier if he is not American. It's a number of things , guys are guys they like what they like. Only thing you can do is let them know I think you are attractive and go from there.

• You just have to meet the right person.