Would you date a guy who was homeless?

What if you met a guy who seemed really nice however you find out that he is homeless. He either lives at a shelter or bounces from friend's couches. Would you let that stop you from dating him?

Guys can answer too and replace it with a girl being homeless

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll buy the homeless person a meal. I often give homeless people food.

What Guys Said 2

• If I met a girl or woman who was homeless I might give her somewhere to stay (no strings attached) and help her to re-establish herself.
    I have tried to help a couple of people, but they showed themselves to be psychos (which explained why they were homeless).
    As for a woman dating a man who was homeless, that would be crazy. He is hardly husband material.

• Yeah I would.

What Girls Said 9

• I would want him to be my friend at first. I honestly dont want to date him in that current situation. I would want to know what happened to him at first or maybe help him get a decent job and find a house that he could afford. If he is really a nice person then i could date him but i really need to see his eagerness to work and get a house so he could no longer be homeless. some people have their ups and downs so i dont judge people with that. But if you will ask me if i want to date a homeless person, the answer would be no. But i am not saying i would never ever date one, i just dont what to but it still depends on the situation and whether he is a good person or not.

• I don't think that matters THAT much, but I'd like him to be somewhat successful in a job so that he can provide for himself in the future. If we end up together in the future, I'd want us to be able to start a family and have our own home. But I think the most important thing is if you like his personality and are attracted to him, and he's a kind person. Nothing else matters as much as that.

• If i knew firsthand that he was homeless, not gonna lie it would be the line for me. I would try not to pass because i would like to learn why he was homeless etc That is life. We have problems.
    If i learnt later that he was homeless, i would be surprised and try to help him to put it together. Of course if he was willing to work on. As far i noticed some homeless people especially in Belgium, prefer being homeless. It is kinda choice. I do not think that life style suits me.

• Yup would.

• It would depend on the circumstances as to why he was homeless.

• No, it wouldn't matter.

• of course !

• in my country not one single person is homeless, but we have some of the worst squatter problems in the world, and theirs this stupid law that states that if a squatter has lived in a lot owned by someone else for more than 25 years they unconditionally own it.. so no, i would threaten them to get lost with a rifle if they trespass, or give them food if they're being good, but i would never date them

now if it was a guy who wasn't semi-permanently homeless/a squatter then i'll try it out, but he better get a job and some place to stay asap..

• So like not on the street homeless, but just no place to call home?
    My current boyfriend was like that :/ We met when we were 15 and he wasn't living with his family, he just stayed from place to place. When he did stay with his family, they wouldn't even give him warnings about leaving they'd just be like ok you gotta go now, and sometimes he wouldn't be able to find another place at such short notice so I'd sneak off to see him and we'd just go hang out in Mcdonalds till the morning.
    So glad his life has changed now and he actually has his own house where we both live together.
    His family were just dicks though, like who sends their 15 year old out for no reason like that :(

• yeah that really is messed up!

• I gave you an up vote because it seems like you stuck by him when his family sounds like they don't care.