21 and still a virgin. Will men find me less appealing?

Hello,
I'm 21 and have never come close do doing anything intamite with another person. This is mainly due to me being very shy and a bit nervous around dating. What worries me is when I do find a man I'm interested in dating, he won't want to be with someone with such little experience :( Do you think this will be an issue I'll come across often?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 25

• quick answer. no. they wont.

• Combining what you said with your profile pic (assuming it's really a pic of you) I don't think you will have any problems finding a guy! Yes you're pretty, but just as important you obviously care about yourself and your level headed. You have a LOT going for you. Being a virgin at 21 is more common than you may think. And you definitely have the looks working for you.

• No sane man would ever have issue with taking a girl's virginity unless he feels he shouldn't be the one to do it. For example he might be looking for something quick and easy. I don't know if girls give each other hard time because of it but if a man has serious feelings he would never mind it. He will be ecstatic to know that the girl he loves has never been with anyone else. Especially someone as beautiful as you has waited this long. However if the roles are reversed a man would never hear the end of it.

• Thank you for the nice answer. Unfortunately, girls do get a bit judged by other girls. It's almost a pity thing and some girls won't take you as seriously as a person if you're still a virgin. It's funny because it doesn't bother me until someone makes it seem like it should. Everyone's a answers kind really do help ;)
      P. S. I like the Bigby Wolf photo. I just started reading the comics. haha

• @Asker I've never heard of a woman teasing another for still being a virgin, especially when she's only 21 yo. Guys, yeah, women, no. Sounds a bit bitchy imo.

@Werewolfy I suppose it works the same way for men? A girl who likes you won't care even when you're 40 or over. It's more about your attitude.

• @dipta Sorry, I think I may have stated that response it bit poorly. I've never had a girl outwardly tease me about it and I don't think girls most girls would. It's mostly a small portion of other girls, when finding out about it, suddenly change the way they act around me. For example, all of a sudden talking about sex becomes taboo around me. Like I'm some innocent teenager that doesn't know a thing about sexuality. I'm not squeamish or uncomfortable around the idea of sex at all, I just haven't found the right person yet.

• No.

Men find a lack of experience hot and endearing.

Now what can be an issue:
    - guys who want to just hook up, not date, who aren't jerks, may perceive you're likely not down for casual sex and avoid you. this is in fact not a bad thing if you're not down for casual sex.
    - guys who want a relationship with sex may be concerned that you're not very sexual.
    - guys who want a relationship with sex may be wondering how long you're actually planning to wait.

But experience? almost certainly not an issue.

• It probably would be bothering you, especially when most people are obsessed with sex these days. Honestly though, it might have just not happened yet because the right one is going to come along. It's better off just to wait for someone special, you'll be happy you did and TBH your beautiful and i admire you:)

• It depends. If you're intimidated by sex then probably. But if you know yourself what you like and what gets you off then of course not. Just you know don't make a huge deal about it and you'll be fine.

• No a guy should not care , I would love to date a Virgin. And its good you have not been about. Make a guy wait for you if he loves you he will wait until you are ready. Loose it to someone you love

• I am a virgin at 20 wanting my first time to be with another virgin. No, you have a very desirable quality.

• If he does, he's not for you. You're good IMO.

• id rather be the 1ST and not the 11TH enough said right

• No it won't be an issue, he'll be taken aback because its rare and almost like finding a gemstone. But not an issue just when it gets to that point where you might be ready to give yourself to him be open and let him know, because that can

• No. But you made me to think about it in my life. :/

• 25 and haven't done anything either by choice. Any chances I have had to do so I turned down because I didn't have feelings for the person. I often worry about the same thing you do, that a woman might think less or not want to be with a guy with so little experience but then I remember that isn't the kind of person I want to end up with anyway. I imagine you are probably in the same boat.

So don't worry, the right guy won't mind in the slightest.

• You being a 21 year old Virgin does not make you less appealing in my eyes. In fact it makes you more appealing to men like me who want a serious relationship and not some random hookup.

• why do u even think dat.-.
    i'd defintely luv to be ur first and everythinh hunng. its truly an HONOR ;3

• It will make you less appealing for casual dating/hookups, and more appealing for a serious relationship.

• Not to mention, you look pretty cute, and I say that as a blunt, mean person. Go date seriously and be one of those girls who marries as a virgin and falls in love, avoids the heartbreak of bad guys.

• Often? More like not at all. I'm pretty sure most guys are more interested in virgins, sometimes even to the point of fetishizing them.

• This may be an issue but not for all men.

• No. it won't be an issue. Fins someone who values your "long stay" and who values you.

• No, if anything it's more attractive to be a virgin. to me it is

• One thing i wanna say, RESPECT X)

• I wouldn't mind doing it with u.. ;P XD

• No I dont. Do you find 21 year old virgin's less appealing?

• its much different for girls than it is for guys

• We love sweet intent virgins you don't have to worry. Just make sure you find someone that will take it nice and slow for you and not rush or make you do anything you are not happy with

What Girls Said 5

• No I don't know why everyone worries about this - its as if virginity is becoming a curse. Just relax and worry about other stuff

• Thank you. I've never had a problem with my virginity up until a few weeks ago. I've recently come into acquaintance with some people that almost look down at me for never having slept with anyone. I think being surrounded by them made me question something something that never really bothered me before. You're right that there are other things I need to focus on.

• Such people will always be in your life. They're jealous of just ignore them and hold onto your morals. My mum always says "if someone told you jump off the cliff would you" - our answer is always "no" -so the point she makes is - learn to follow your own decisions instead of being influenced by others

• I think you know damn well that most guys love virgin girls -_-

Even if he didn't, then he's not the one for you and it shouldn't matter either way.

• Girl, do not worry about it. Some guys like girls who aren't sexually active. It's kind of like this. Would you want a guy who lets put it symbolically. There is this kitchen, and on the stove there is a pot. The pot represents 1 guy generally. Lets say these strangers Lexi, Lea, and Nina have been stirring all around in the pot. You don't know if they washed their hands or are clean in general. They represent the sexual partners. Wouldn't you have rather wanted the pot unstirred. With sex comes issues. I am 18, and I lost my virginity.

Honey if I could go back I would. There is the possibility of gaining unwanted feelings, and us being women it happens. You are gorgeous, and if a guy would rather want a girl who has been around, instead of you that's their problem. He was more than likely looking for a quick fix anyway. I have been there, and done it. I have lost a pregnancy that could have been avoided. Wait for that special guy.

• Nothing wrong with it at 21 at all. I'm ashamed at my age because I'm 28 and I know it will be turn off for men. It's definitely not at 21 though.

• No, now a days guys have a lot more respect for girls with little or no sex partners because of how a lot of girls are now. A guy feel confident when they take a girls virginity because no other guy had the chance to and were able to. Im shy to n have only been with one guy like that n thats how he seemed to react but he bragged.