Have you guys ever dated someone that's the complete opposite of your "type"?

Recently I became interested in a girl that's the complete opposite of the "type" I'm looking for. And for some reason, I like her a lot. I've never dated a girl that's not my "type", let alone completely different from what I'm looking for.

So I'm curious. Guys and Gals from GAG, have you guys ever dated someone that's the opposite of what you're looking for? Did it work out or was it a disaster afterwards?

Most Helpful Girl

• Although this may not go with the norm: it worked out fine for me. More in the sense that I got to experience something completely different than what I was used to. I'm still friends with my ex. and we are cool enough that we talk about his current relationship and vice-versa. When you say type, I assume you are talking about the whole package, and not just her looks? Either way, its how you made it work/what kept you interested, etc. This would apply for girls that are your "type", if that makes sense.

Conclusion: If she is interested in you, and you find that you still like after tomorrow, than perhaps you should adventure into something of a relationship. DO NOT JUMP THE GUN. I believe that's how most relationships turn out bad, regardless if the girl was your type or not. By taking it slow, you are testing the water to see if its good or bad. Better to go in slow and be able to step out of the water if need be, rather then having to kick, flail, and jump out and get hurt.

What Girls Said 7

• My current gf! (I'm bi but I'll just talk about my type of girls) I usually like when they're like me: sporty, not afraid to get dirty, kind of tomboyish but not THAT much, rebels because they're fun, etc.

It was a surprise to even become friends with this girl but FALLING IN LOVE? wow, I honestly never saw it coming lol. She's such a princess! always been a great student, really girly, etc. The exact opposite.

Also I always liked long hair and thing girls but hers is pretty short and she's not chubby but she's not thin either.

But I've never been so in love before so apparently my "type" wasn't really what I liked? lol

• No, not really.

• Yes I did. I was working well. We have one thing that was not difference is we want to please each other. We try to make each other happy. Therefore, we discuss about things to balance to keep our relationship. We was about marry. But I found out that I was not ready to marry. So we just be friend right now. Good luck!

• I think you're simply just testing the waters outside your type. It depends on how you interact really. It didn't work for me though. Opposites don't attract relationship-wise with me. You do know what you want, stick to your instinct.

• Most of the time. That's why I gave up setting standards or preferences because I always end up with the opposite. It didn't work out for some reasons.

• Yeah I dated a guy that was totally different and it didn't work out at all.

• I did and it was bad. Did not end well at all unfortunately.

What Guys Said 2

• No, I can imagine how that would play like or end well despite IF she was amazingly gorgeous. I'd be surprised I would even got a "yes" from the opposite type.

• Seeing as how I don't have a type I guess yes? O. o idk.