How do you feel about older guys into younger girls?

So, i ask this question because I have an interesting experience. Feel free to judge but I dont feel like there's any reason to. Well, I am seventeen and i just got out of a relationship with a guy. He was eight years older than me. Yes, he's 25. Ha! So, I honestly only said yes to dating him because I was curious about his intentions.

I mean, that it peculiar, a grown man interested in a minor, knowing fully well of her age and fully well of the possible consequences of dating one. Before i continue, ill just let you know that i did not sleep with him and was not planning on doing so. Im a virgin, so i really want my first time to be with another virgin and someone im also in love with.

But anyways, i gave it chance but im glad the relationship is over. Looking back, I honestly feel like he's a pedophile. During a conversation, he jokingly said his dating range was 10 years+ but i dont feel like it was a joke. p. s: it was slightly long distance, i would only see him about once or twice a month in a public place, so i was completely safe.

Anyways, how do you feel about huge age gaps in relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they don't matter so much but only once you've reached a certain base age.
    Like a 30 year old and a 40 year old is not a big deal. Especially if the person in their 40's takes care of themselves. But a 19 year old with a 31 year old, it gets a little weird. There's a formula that says your range should be 1/2 your age, plus 7. So mine is 1/2*24+7=19. So 19 is the youngest I can date and it not be socially weird. And I guess 5 years older would be the same. So a 29 year old.

What Guys Said 11

• Huge age gaps? Depends. Manipulative douchebags are manipulative douchebags, whether they date younger or weaker people their own age. It's fairly normal for men to find women who are close to women's peak fertility years attractive physically. If they only date around that age, it's a bit odd. If they are interested in women that age they connect with, great.

Dating below the age of consent is a different issue. Age of consent where you are may vary. It's 16 here, (there's a near age exception AS WELL) but used to be 14. I have mixed feelings about what it should be.

I think I come back to that I find targeting much younger odd, but being open to people you mentally connect with from a variety of ages more normal.

• There's a belief out there where it's "Half your age + seven" Which some of my friends seem to follow. I don't. I tend to prefer what I would call my generation. Closer the age as possible the better even if I have to follow that formula I gave. I'm and surely lots of people on GaG is a millennial (aka. Generation Y). There are some Gen X and BB on here too. I wouldn't really go past the 7-8 year mark though cause if I really thought about it. I was pretty much graduating elementary school when the other person was born.
    I mean most people I see around me at least around my age doesn't seem to go anywhere above 2-3 year difference.

• I've always understood the older guy younger girl thing but I've never liked it. I have never been able to find my self mentally or emotionally attracted to a girl more than a year younger than me so I think it will play into my favor when I'm older like 30 and women will prefer to date someone their age because that's around when men peak physcially

• at 25 he's not an OLDER GUY be serious. i'll be 25 in 2 years and it annoys me that a 17 yo girl consinder that guy as OLD.

he's still a boy

• Oh come on, you're 17, not exactly a doll-playing toddler. Sounds like you're a bit embarrassed about it so you've reverted to calling the dude a pedophile.

Women are most of the time into older men, mostly due to maturity and more financial success. It's normal.

• No im honestly not embarrassed, I cared about him. Im calling him a pedophile because well i actually think he is one and also because he turned into a major jerk when we broke up. It was only for two months, wasn't a serious relationship. But yes, i do like maturity in guys, which is why i agreed to date him. I dont mind dating slightly older guys. But our gap was just too big for it to ever work out.

• Hey that was a few weeks into the relationship, i only knew him for about a few days before we started dating. We were still getting to know each other. And once i got to know him better, i didn't exactly like what i found out.

• If i had known, i wouldn't have wasted another second talking to him.

• I guess a relationship with a 17 year old and with a guy up to his early 20s can be fine. But if the guy was over 45 years, that would be creepy..

• Well, in the majority of US states the age of consent is 16/17, depending on your state he may have been fine. I personally don't see anything wrong with it from a biological point of view. However, mentally you're worlds apart, and surviving just long enough to replicate your genes is no longer an issue. Both parties are better suited in dating their own age.

• I completely agree. Also, the age of consent is 18 in the state im in.

• Age gaps are fine if you both like each other and nothing's illegal!

• Their life their choice.

• i feel if there's maturity on both ends the relationship can work
    if he was pressuring you into sexual things that was wrong of him
    there is nothing wrong dating someone with a age gap if it's legal age
    on both ends i just think he has right to date who he wants as long as
    the girl is legal. My ex she was age 18 and i was age 35 at the time
    but she was legal age and at one time i truly loved her.

• Well, you chose to be with him...

• I was only using my experience from that relationship as an example. The questions is regarding how you feel about age gaps in relationships. Such as, what age gap do you feel personally is too big of a gap, what is the youngest/oldest you would go in dating, etc.

What Girls Said 2

• I think huge age gaps are fine if that's what those people are into when both people are emotionally developed enough for a relationship

• too old in my opinion, 3-4 years older is my max. plus your below 18 and thats a problem with that age difference...