Why do men do the "slow fad", well in this case the "fast fade"?

I started dating this guy that I met on an online dating site. the first date went great, we met for drinks at 5:30 and didn't leave until almost midnight. The next day he texted me asking if my son and I wanted to go to a pumpkin patch with him and his daughter, I had plans that day, so I went over to his house for dinner the next day. Again we had a great time, he kissed me when I left. He texted me at least once everyday and we made plans for Halloween and ended up spending Thursday and Friday together (the days he has off work and I have off school. On Friday he asked if my son and I wanted to stay the night on saturday, since he lives kind of far away, so I agreed. We had a great night, we ended up sleeping in the same bed, but did not have sex because it was too soon for me (obviously, we only knew each other for about a month). The next day, I woke up fixed breakfast, he kissed me and then I left. I didn't hear from him that whole day, which I was fine with, since we spent the whole weekend together. Then comes Monday still nothing. On Wednesday I thought "this is silly i'll just text him", which I did. I asked him how his week was going, he said he was really busy at work and was offered a new position where he would be traveling. Now its been a week since then and never heard from him again. so from a guys point of view, what the f*** happened?

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt it's you. If there was something wrong with the night you spent together you probably would have felt it. Circumstances changed on his end somewhere I'm guessing. Seeing as how there's y'alls kids involved he'd really have to be scummy to cease contact because you didn't put out.

The problem here is he doesn't value you enough to give you a simple explanation. If you were really busy but you felt like you owed it to somebody you could let them know what was up. He's decided "meh, fuck it". There's no excuse for that.

I've experienced people like this before, girlfriends and friends. They are flakey as fuck at not worth the steam off my piss!

What Guys Said 3

• I think he got bored, his priorities quickly changed.

• Maybe that night you spent over was not so great as you thought, as it seems to be the turning point.

Or, as life is unpredictable, he's dealing with potential life changes due to work at the moment.

• Either he lost interest, or he's super busy at work and on business trips.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe it's because you didn't have sex? It isn't necessarily that all he wanted was sex, but for him, maybe the fact that you wouldn't have sex even though you slept in the same bed meant that there was no sexual chemistry. And for men especially, sexual chemistry is a huge part of a relationship.