I have one question to ask.. why do women do not prefer those guys who loves to take care of themselves like those guys who are known as metrosexuals?

I am a fashion model..
So for the demand of my profession I need to take care of myself and I just love doing that. But I have found that most of the girls even those who are in the fashion industry do not usually like this kind of gesture.. they either find it a bit gayish or they find us very self obsessed.. though they like to fun around with us.. but when it comes to relationship , they do not show that much interest. So my question is why so?
P. S. I am a hardcore fashion model.. I do only fashion related work. So u understand that sometimes it seems very stiff..

Most Helpful Girl

• Because there is a line between taking care of yourself and looking "gayish" as you put it. These days, a lot of men are crossing that line.
    We like a man who takes care of himself, but still looks manly, not like he's used a ton of hair products and would probably happily borrow my mascara.

• You mean like for example taking care of his manliness? Like keeping his beard properly trimmed, and his hair well cut? And keeps his shirts clean and proper?
      basically one that makes sure his manliness looks clean and spotless, yet on the same time rough cut.

• @dartmaul15 yes, those guys look good. Even a mans pedicure would be fine if he had to fix his feet to make them presentable would be ok. It's just about looking neat and presentable, not like a slob or like a girl.

• hehe, exactly. About making sure you look like a man. Not necesarily a manly man, but at least like a man...

What Girls Said 4

• Women don't want someone who takes longer to get dressed than them.

• I'm a country girl, and I love my country guys. If my man isn't significantly manlier than me, then I feel like a man, and that is not acceptable.

• My guess is there's only so much room in the bathroom.. If they have 2 bathrooms, there should be no problem.

• most of them come off as kinda feminine

What Guys Said 3

• i do take care of myself, and i consinder myself a metrosexual as you cansee in my profile.

yet i hate fashion industry like hell. it devours people alive imo.

perhaps the problem is not the fact that you take care of yourself, but the factthat you belong to this creepy industry. :-)

• I've always wondered how anyone could find men attractive. And I guess females just like men the same weird and hard to explain way that I am attracted to females

• "they either find it a bit gayish or they find us very self obsessed"

There's your answer.