First date advice please!

So this may sound silly, but this guy I've been talking with finally asked me out. the only thing is, I've never been on a date before, and I'm freaking out. We're going to see a movie. I'm not really sure of anything else. I'm super nervous, and I don't want to be awkard or anything. Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ok I'm also a little worried because I'm not as physically attracted to him as I would like. I haven't seen him in over a month and a half, and we've only been texting since I last saw him. The more I text him the more I like him, and he does become more attractive to me. I'm just really nervous

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I guess the good news is that movies are lame dates, but good for your nervousness. For the most part you'll be sitting in a dark theater not talking.

So before the movie, just talk to him. Find out his interests and about his life. Ask open-ended questions. People love talking about themselves.

After the movie, then you can talk about whether you liked it or not. If you're liking the conversation and he goes in for a kiss, then kiss him back... otherwise, hug him goodbye, thank him for the date and that's it.

• I know a movie is a lame date. But he's pretty shy and it took a month and a half of texting just to get him to ask me out. But im just really nervous because I haven't seen him in over a month.

• It will be fine. Get your hair did, do your makeup, you'll knock it out of the park.

What Guys Said 3

• just focus on getting to know him and enjoying the time. don't expect anything, just go with the flow. it will be less nerve racking.

• Encourage him to talk! And talk yourself too! Don't be afraid of feeling nervous or embarassed. It's worse if both of you are too afraid to talk and waste the time together.

And if things seem to be going well, don't be too eager to jump in emotionally too. For eg, don't ask about the second date before the first one is even over. On principle it's just a disadvantageous thing to do.

• just be yourself okay you can do this its not rocket science

What Girls Said 0